Question Best Topwater: Spook or Chug Bug

Recently moved to the East TN area (Tellico Lake) and need some info on topwaters to use. I did exceptionally well in TX with the Chug Bug shown. Caught 20-30% of my fish on this lure. Best results (by far) with this color. I tested it when fish were biting and this color just worked best. What is great about this lure is that it catches striper, smallmouth and largemouth.

So.....what is best topwater lure for Tellico or other TN lakes? I've talked to 2 people who indicate zara spook.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I like the 'bug in chrome, personally, but that color should work fine. Also like the SK popper. For walkers, the LS Sammy in ghost, SK Sexy Dawg in blue gizzard or bone, Spook Jr. in whatever that blue-ish/clear/shad color is called. The old SK Spittin' Image in a shad pattern is OK too.

Vote me in for spook! I love that thing and ALWAYS have one tied on. As interesting as it sounds, that's my confidence bait.

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking

4. Member
    Forgot to mention that the way I found out that the chug bug worked so well is that I received it as a "gift" when subscribing to BASS. Tried it out and immediately started catching. Never seen anyone else use this particular color on Lake Texoma.....

5. Member
    I had one that color pron 10 yr ago , ended up wearing all paint off , and broke most of the hooks, was a great bait , caught many pigs on it

I prefer a 1/2oz Devils Horse over everything else.