Honda 250 hp trim problems

I have a 2018 Honda 250 hp that the motor will not stay up... I’ll trim up and it leaks off.. I loosened the reservoir cap and air spewed and the fluid was up to the cap.. no noticeable leak around the seal... it has made some noises since it was new while trimming

2. Member
    How to add fluid??..For all.. my local guy is having to remove the motor and use gravity to put fluid in... any experts out there?

3. Member
    I know this isn't the best but how i did mine is i trim the motor at the highest point and fill in fluid and push the trim tab up. One it fills up. i let the fluid sit for a while to clear the air bubble out and close the cap and start working the trim up and down again. Repeat the process until i fill like all air is out. When you go back to open the cap. Some fluid with air will blast out from the pressure but just repeat the process until your happy with it.

Mine has always makes noise but doesn't loose pressure. I have a seal go bad one time but was a easy fix.
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

4. Member
    Youtube.
    Lot of videos showing you how to add fluid.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phongr82bf150 View Post
    I know this isn't the best but how i did mine is i trim the motor at the highest point and fill in fluid and push the trim tab up. One it fills up. i let the fluid sit for a while to clear the air bubble out and close the cap and start working the trim up and down again. Repeat the process until i fill like all air is out. When you go back to open the cap. Some fluid with air will blast out from the pressure but just repeat the process until your happy with it.

Mine has always makes noise but doesn't loose pressure. I have a seal go bad one time but was a easy fix.
    I think the newer motor are different.. it’s impossible to put fluid in whether the motor is up or down... in my observations

6. Member
    Fluh01 any picture of yours?
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phongr82bf150 View Post
    Fluh01 any picture of yours?
    It’s at my local Honda Dealer... thx for the responses

8. Member
    What was the fix?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpvol View Post
    What was the fix?
    I sent to a local dealer.. he said the only way to put fluid in was to remove the motor... went to pick up the boat and got a bill for $1,343.00... trim motor and by pass valve was bad suddenly... also reservoir has a crack in it... he said I must have backed into something to crack the reservoir....and the tachometer mysteriously went bad in his care... but somehow he got Honda to cover that in warranty... boat is two years old... tried it o call customer service at Honda and lost connection three times while trying to talk to someone.. anybody have a direct line? .. the first person that answered the phone hadn’t a clue what a trim motor was... when they transferred my call. I lost connection every time... frustrating!