Thread: Morning musing

Morning musing

2. Member
    Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. 2Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh4though I myself have reasons for such confidence.If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

3. Member
    Three days later he called together the local Jewish leaders. When they had assembled, Paul said to them: “My brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or against the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. 18They examined me and wanted to release me, because I was not guilty of any crime deserving death. 19The Jews objected, so I was compelled to make an appeal to Caesar. I certainly did not intend to bring any charge against my own people. 20For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.”

4. Member
    When reading the bible one must understand that the inspired writers were writing during a period of transition. This transition was the transition from Old Covenant to the New Covenant. This transition language can be seen throughout the entire NT. The immenance of the "good things ABOUT TO COME" are readily seen eveywhere Pauls pen wrote.

Colossians 2.........."These were a shadow of things that were soon to come, but the substance belongs to Christ".