Need help, looking for a fish camp.

i have a two week vacation coming up in July. Looking for a family frendly fish camp in the state of florida. Preferably north of Orlando. We stayed at mossy cove (istokpoga) memorial day for a weekend getaway. And a few years ago during Hurricane Irma we were at The lake talquin lodge. Both of these places are our normal go-to places. We are Looking for a stand alone cabin, boat and family frendly. Maybe something on lake Seminole which i have never been to before. I am not ruling out possibly south Georgia or south Alabama but dont want to mess with licensing . Thanks.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. Member
    Sent you a PM.

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Don't know how good the fishing will be, but there's an awful lot of water to explore! Highland Park Fishcamp

4. Banned
    Try poking around here Lake Rousseau They have some right on both the Rivers (both) and the Lake proper (watch for stumps if You go here)

https://www.airbnb.com/lake-rousseau-fl/stays

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into them all.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    i have a two week vacation coming up in July. Looking for a family frendly fish camp in the state of florida. Preferably north of Orlando. We stayed at mossy cove (istokpoga) memorial day for a weekend getaway. And a few years ago during Hurricane Irma we were at The lake talquin lodge. Both of these places are our normal go-to places. We are Looking for a stand alone cabin, boat and family frendly. Maybe something on lake Seminole which i have never been to before. I am not ruling out possibly south Georgia or south Alabama but dont want to mess with licensing . Thanks.
    You can look into Spring Creek Park Resort on Seminole. Simple cabins, couple restaurants, no parking hassles, and a big boat ramp.....If you want a fish camp, this is a fish camp.

Georgia license is a 2 minute ezpz internet sign up.

Wherever you go check your chips in your graphs for coverage - depending on release date - For instance on Seminole my lakemaster chip is poor, navionics very good. .

7. Member
    Hey if you've not ever fished the Harris Chain, I would definitely encourage you to check it out. It's in Lake County, pretty much safe to run most anywhere without much danger. You can fish brush piles off shore or beat the bank with a frog or flip. It is a great fishery. I typically use AirBnB to book a house, gives me plenty of room for my truck and trailer and is typically safer than your rig sitting in a hotel parking lot at night.