Ordering process on a Vexus

I Have never ordered a boat before. So my question is do you have to go through a dealer or can you order direct from Vexus? I can go pick it up if that is possible and saves the dealer prep fees. Just curious on the process.
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

Gotta go through a dealer. Going to fetch it yourself will only save you the delivery fee. More than likely your dealer will still nick you for a “set up” fee.

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Vexus does not sell directly to the public, you will need to go through a Vexus dealer.
    The dealer usually has some "Dealer Prep" they do before you take possession of the boat.

The dealer is a great asset, this might be your first new boat, but they have ordered hundreds and know all the twist and turns .

4. Member
    I'm going through this process as we speak. Ordering a 2021 1880. My sales rep said there may be a transportation/delivery fee of around $150 and we couldn't pick it up at the factory. I told her it'd would be cool to p/u at the plant and meet the folks that made the boat. I totally get it though, just what sclark said in his statement.
    Last edited by MarkG52; 06-24-2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: misspelling

5. Member
    I though Clark posted pictures before of guys picking them up at the plant. Is that only for special customers?

I was supposed to pick mine up at the factory but due to some production issues (and I’m sure the passing of Mr. Wood the week before it was to be done) it was not Ready when I went to the plant. I was going to be in the area trout fishing anyway so went for a tour. Ryan Patterson took me on the tour and there was another guy there picking up a glass boat.

The only thing my dealer required was that the boat be paid for in full to pick it up myself.

In typical Vexus form when my boat wasn’t ready and I had made the trip, they picked up the freight bill to get it to my dealer.