After installing a LS 0° mount my images are not as good

My Livescope image is not what it was with the 8° mount
    Is rt here something to this?

Yes, the cant mount was designed in for 3 reasons. One, to help minimize the ghosting, which as a general rule is more prominent on a hard, flat bottom, particularly in shallow water. Two, to get nice shadowing on the bottom and function like a small slice of SideVu there and provide 3D understanding as you rotate the transducer. Three, to make the beam miss the trolling motor. So, if you are running a bracket without a cant, you won't be realizing any of these designed advantages, and the ghosting will likely be more apparent.

With this said, some users still prefer a zero cant mount even though the ghost tree may be more apparent. When fishing vertically directly below the transducer, it is easier to keep the lure in the beam with a zero cant mount.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Thanks great information

4. Member
    Todd what cant do you run ?

Quote Originally Posted by jim mitchell View Post
    Todd what cant do you run ?
    I've only used the Garmin 8 degree cant mounts. Both the original mount and now the Perspective bracket.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Todd

I am a little confused.

How does a 0 degree mount provide an optimal viewing angle while ice fishing but not while mounted on the boat?

Number 1 & 2 points of the 3 points you mention above would still be in play, I think.

Does the movement of the boat vs being stationary on the ice make a difference?

From Garmin

"Position your Panoptix LiveScope™ LVS32 transducer on this 0 degree pole mount for an optimal viewing angle while ice fishing (works for open water fishing too)."

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/685409

Thanks

I would bet in the ice house you are using less sensitivity and seeing better because of the lack of movement. If you turn the power up you will see so much BS
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Todd

I am a little confused.

How does a 0 degree mount provide an optimal viewing angle while ice fishing but not while mounted on the boat?

Number 1 & 2 points of the 3 points you mention above would still be in play, I think.

Does the movement of the boat vs being stationary on the ice make a difference?

From Garmin

"Position your Panoptix LiveScope™ LVS32 transducer on this 0 degree pole mount for an optimal viewing angle while ice fishing (works for open water fishing too)."

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/685409

Thanks
    A zero degree mount is a trade off like I explained above. Yes, it will be easier to keep the lure in the beam with a zero cant mount. But again, the ghost tree may be more apparent.
    Garmin Pro Team

With the zero cant, I can get my bass lure in the picture at 70+ feet. Without it Im lucky if I can hit 20ft. Hard shallow bottoms and the zero cant the picture is awful. Like Todd said it is a trade off.