Thread: Eyra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eyra

I am wondering how fast an Eyra will run with 2 and average load with a 250 4 stroke?

2. Member
    If you can drive it, my guess is 81-82 ish.
    My Puma can do close to 80 and the Eyra is faster.

3. Member
    With 2 people?

Yes

5. Member
    I am always amazed about how people want to know speed of boats. Do you actually drive them wide open at max speed when going out? I guess you must live in an area where the wind never blows and always have slick water condition. That's not here in TX for sure.

Mine will run 80 plus with light load and me. 76 all days loaded x2. 2009 cougar 2017 SHO.
    Plenty fast at 72 which I normal work it out at. Guess I figure I must be showing my age (52).....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishwilb View Post
    I am always amazed about how people want to know speed of boats. Do you actually drive them wide open at max speed when going out? I guess you must live in an area where the wind never blows and always have slick water condition. That's not here in TX for sure.

Mine will run 80 plus with light load and me. 76 all days loaded x2. 2009 cougar 2017 SHO.
    Plenty fast at 72 which I normal work it out at. Guess I figure I must be showing my age (52).....

So in a short answer yes - The St John's River is long and flat in the morning.

Things change later in the day, especially with boat traffic.

I'm like you, normally drive at a comfortable speed. All depends on the conditions.

That said, the Eyra is a 80 MPH boat.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Member
    2019 Eyra, 250 ProXS, 24 Fury 3, loaded heavy - 77 mph comfortably any faster than that and you are working.

8. Member
    You always have the option to put a 300 on it. I can cruise in the 80's fully loaded without a lot of work. Above 85 and then you are driving....lol
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

9. Member
    75-76 tourney loaded 2 ppl, full tanks and live wells. In the summer heat, which makes a big difference

10. Member
    I often see the question "How fast will a boat run loaded with two people"?
    I fish 90 percent alone. Do most that fish always have a partner? Guess its just me.
    I literally cannot tell you how fast my boat will run with two people. My wife does fish with me, but 50 mph is pushing it with her in the boat.
    Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

11. Member
    You are not alone Cajunhunter....90% of the time I fish alone and then I have a couple of circuits that I have a partner. You are lucky, my wife's top speed is barely over 30.....lol I do know that I can run in the mid 80's with a tournament load and live wells full with just me. Hole shot is not good but once I get out of the hole it is on. I am currently running a 26 Bravo until I get some other props worked and it is very fun to drive. 0-75 is around 16-18 seconds but top end is 81 on I am on the limiter. This is no matter the load and people in the boat. Still working for that goal....lol I know that my Eyra with the 250 SHO was a constant 78-80 with a partner....somedays were better.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

12. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    2020 Eyra mercury 250 4S power poles ultrexx 4 big batteries full of fuel and two people pretty heavy load 78-78.5. Alone and light 81.5
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

13. Member
    I'm on my 2nd Eyra and 6 years of ownership. Both with 250 mercury ProXS 2 stroke. 2 people and a normal load which I think my Eyra is heavily loaded, My normal speed down here in the deep south is 76-78 mph. I have seen 81.8 by myself with a full load and all of my tackle but only on the cooler days. Top speeds with the new Mercury 4 strokes seem to be really comparable to the Optimax so I'd say these numbers are very achievable and very realistic for most folks.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    You are not alone Cajunhunter....90% of the time I fish alone and then I have a couple of circuits that I have a partner. You are lucky, my wife's top speed is barely over 30.....lol I do know that I can run in the mid 80's with a tournament load and live wells full with just me. Hole shot is not good but once I get out of the hole it is on. I am currently running a 26 Bravo until I get some other props worked and it is very fun to drive. 0-75 is around 16-18 seconds but top end is 81 on I am on the limiter. This is no matter the load and people in the boat. Still working for that goal....lol I know that my Eyra with the 250 SHO was a constant 78-80 with a partner....somedays were better.
    Elwood, if you decide to get rid of that 26" Bravo when you get your other props back let me know. I've been wanting to try one out.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

15. Member
    Shap I will give you first shot at the 26 Bravo.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

16. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    You always have the option to put a 300 on it. I can cruise in the 80's fully loaded without a lot of work. Above 85 and then you are driving....lol

Right on Elwood....that's exactly what I'd do too!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

17. Member
    best i saw with 2020 model was about 79.5 w/ 2 people and 82.5 alone. most of the time it was 78-79 w/ 2 and 81 alone. 4 batteries, dual power poles, and ultrex 52 on the bow.

18. Member
    My goal when I bought my Eyra was 77 fully loaded for a tourney with full fuel. Ended up at 78 and was very happy with that.

When you can consistently run 78 (I fished the Red mostly then and it was 5 wide boat racing most tourney mornings out the block) you will pass every other major boat brand except the two go fast boat brands. All of your buddies that tell you that they have a 78 mph boat are reality 71 on tournament morning. One of the really nice characteristics of the Eyra hull is that it carries a load well.

The Eyra, in my opinion, is a terrific river system boat. It’s fast, agile, and slides off stumps better than any boat I’ve owned.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    ...and slides off stumps better than any boat I’ve owned.
    That is an under appreciated quality in bass boats. The northern guys might not see it, but an invaluable feature down south.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    That is an under appreciated quality in bass boats. The northern guys might not see it, but an invaluable feature down south.
    Its a fact. My Eyra slid off stumps better than my current PII. Its actually impressive.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast