Smartcraft Fuel Harness

Engine SN: 1C160741

I would like to learn more about the Smartcraft fuel harness. Am I understanding correctly, the fuel harness couples between the fuel level sender already in my tank (currently connected to analog gauge on dash) and a plug under the engine cowling, which can provide fuel level to Mercmonitor, and Vessel View Link? (appears Vessel View Mobile can only track fuel via engine consumption and maintaining gallons added, is this correct?)

Unfortunately I have already been informed I cant get a digital pressure sender, or digital trim sender for my particular engine. I hope the fuel harness wont be yet another thing added to the list of features unavailable to my lowly little 60 horse.
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 06-23-2020 at 07:51 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

2. Member
    Yes, the harness is set up the way you think. Don could tell you IF your motor is compatible. It is very important to disconnect your current fuel sender wiring PRIOR to installing the harness. Wiring needed is included in the kit.
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Unfortunately it was not until very recent years that many of these features made their way into the 40-50-60 lineup.

The PCM utilized back in 2011 just could not support those features- and there is no way to add it to this engine. Sorry.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member

Not that I want it to, but should something catastrophic ever happen to this 60, I'm getting a 75. I don't necessarily NEED the extra power (wouldn't complain about it either), or the extra weight hanging off the back, but I am tired of having the tech that can't utilized to its potential cause my motor tells me "I don't think I should be in the band... I'm not cool enough".

Do these things have any trade in value...
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Of course they do. Especially since it's one of the more popular Pontoon engines.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor