Thread: Scorpion DC

Scorpion DC

Anybody a fan of these reels? Been wanting to dip my toe into JDM feels and this looks like an interesting one. Is it much different from a Curado DC?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

2. Member
    For all I know Scorpion has always been the JDM equivalent of the Curado just a different name and often color. I have some JDM Metanium, Chronarch, and Bantam as far as I've been told the difference is a small variance in line capacity. I have a buddy with a Scorpion DC that he ordered off Amazon and he likes it. Grab one if you want it. One thing I've noticed before all the COVID and economy shifting was when purchasing JDM reels directly from Japan (like Digitaka) vs US you really didn't save any money until you stepped into the higher tiers but I haven't looked at USD vs YEN lately.
    Last edited by Cestratton; 06-23-2020 at 07:28 PM.

3. Member
    The old one was not great. Way overbraked. The new one appears to be the same reel as the Curado DC, except it has the IDC5 braking system, instead of the IDC4 in the Curado. Same basic principle, except it allows you to choose more 3 settings beneath the sideplate that the Curado doesn't have. On paper, it should be a slightly better caster, with the same retrieval performance.

4. Member
    Went ahead and bought one from Digitaka. Will put it on my C-rig rod with 20lb braid and see how things go. Thanks.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    i have 2 of these reels they are great use them with cashion 7 foot med fast poles they cast a country mile with light tackle

6. Member
    I have bought 2and am really pleased. You can’t go wrong with them.
    Phoenix 21PHX 250 SHO, Lowrance Carbons & Ghost & Active Target

7. Member
    Love mine, not as "smooth" as something with micro gears but I got mine for just over $200, and I prefer it over the slx and curado... especially for the better braking system

8. Member
    I purchased a Scorpion MGL from Digitaka for $200 a few months ago. I have Shimano's that cost twice as as much. This reel is a no frills work horse and casts better than anything I have used!

9. Member
    I have a couple Curado DC, a Scorpion 17 101HG and a 20 Exsence DC SS XG RT. Love them all.. but I would say the Scorpion and the Exsence I like just a bit more.