Allstate insurance Co.

Friends, Recently I sold a 2017 Eyra, so conversely after the close I contacted my insurance person to cancel my policy. Got that done but was told that there was no refund coming even though premium was paid in full to late August and there were no claims involvement. Plainly Allstate will not be writing any more insurance for me but has anybody had this happen to them ?
    Chuck

2. Member
    Can’t say I’ve had a situation like yours, however, after 20+ years of cars + house + claims free, we had one claim for a roof leak after a major snow storm that Allstate took 3+ months to pay out on. It was a major pita over like ~2K of damages. My local agent was involved, I had to hire a structural engineer to prove it wasn’t a lack of maintenance issue etc etc. In the end they agreed to about $700. That was the end of my _ever_ doing business with Allstate.

FWIW - not all of the big insurance companies write policies for watercraft and if they do they charge more because its not their primary line of business. Highly recommend finding a company that specializes in watercraft policies. Big fan of United Marine.

3. Member
    I use State Farm. Got a refund when I sold the boat.....

4. Member
    Call your State insurance commissioner, tell them that Allstate's good hands are actually picking your pockets.

There are plenty of companies that have fully earned premiums on seasonal vehicles such as ATV's, boats, etc. Make sure to inquire with your agent whether your insurer is one of those or not.