Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ionic 125ah spec.JPG

Here's the spec's off of Lithium Hub's web site for the Ionic's. this is the 125ah, that I'm using for Starter/Crank as well as running all my accessories.

I’m running 125ah as starter and 3- 50ah for Ultrex. I have a 2017 FX21LE. I run a Garmin 126sv with LiveScope on the bow and a HB Solix g2 15” at the console.
    Last edited by jfdawson; 07-20-2020 at 05:56 PM.

2. Member
    Since I have a ZXR arriving this week I thought I call Yamaha and yup AGM batteries only. So since I have an extended engine warranty it doesn't make sense to go with a lithium even though I want too. The tech mentioned that the internal charging system on the engines have not been designed with lithium power in mind.

3. Member
    Exactly what they told me!

4. Member
    this is what i did 60ah lithium to run electronics and run 10/2 to compartment to a switch from agm battery' i charge the lithium with a charger that is made for lithium. if my lithium runs out i can switch to agm cranking one reason i did this was when i would start the yamaha it would cut my humminbird off. i plan on running my trolling motor off lithium but going to wait and get as much as i can out of the batteries that come on my boat001.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BBW; 07-25-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Get largest NORTHSTAR AGM you can...I am upgrading from 800CCA crank to Star 1080 CCA crank with full 3 year warranty...waiting 2-3 weeks because sold out I am told of the 27...they do offer a 31 size at 1150 CCA

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Our 120 Ah IMPULSE platinum Cranker Contains Grade a plus matched Cylindrical cells ( not the cheaper prismatic cells) and a proprietary BMS made just for Cranking your SHO. It features our awesome Bluetooth app and has been tested on all Pro xs as well as Yamaha Sho outboards as well as G1 and G2 evinrudes. It also has as mentioned the best warranty in the business at a true 10 year w no proration. Its a 10 year repair or replace. Instock and $1050.00 with free shipping at K and K Kustomz. Yamaha can not void your warranty for running a lithium nor will they.

7. Member
    They won't void your warranty, they will just refuse to pay for any damaged caused to or
    by the charging system.

8. Member
    Also running ionic 125ah with 0 issues. For a year now, I actually put it in the boat when I put the 2021 sho on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent24 View Post
    Has anyone else Who runs lithium as a starting battery had issues with their engine shutting down at speed?

2017 and 2020 skeeter FX /FXR
    have been running a Relion RB100HP on my 2011 SHO for 4 seasons now with absolutely no problems. The issue with lithium is the charge voltage and not the amps of the charger. Lithium can charge at up to .5C or 50 amps on my 100 amp-hour battery
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

10. Member
    It would just be nice for the motor manufacturers to address this and provide their owners a choice.

11. Member
    the motor manufactures have addressed it some say not to use lithium an folks still cant grasp it.

2 full years running Ionic 125ah with my SHO and no issues and love the power, fast charging and App - in fact going to buy another to run in parallel just so I can go for 2-3 days without charging at all.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

13. Member
    dont know why folks ask questions on a forum that the folks answering the question dont have a horse in the race an when the the answer is not what they want to here folks argue about it . here is a concept if you have a product from yamaha or mercury call them they have a number in their little booklet an ask them nobody seems to do that because they dont like the answer they are going to get on things like lithium batteries an flashing the the ecm .

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    dont know why folks ask questions on a forum that the folks answering the question dont have a horse in the race an when the the answer is not what they want to here folks argue about it . here is a concept if you have a product from yamaha or mercury call them they have a number in their little booklet an ask them nobody seems to do that because they dont like the answer they are going to get on things like lithium batteries an flashing the the ecm .
    Dude, I almost had a stroke trying to decipher this.

15. Member
    dude i will make it where you can understand it call yamaha an ask them direct most wont like the answer.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    dude i will make it where you can understand it call yamaha an ask them direct most wont like the answer.
    Bro, I am no grammar or spelling Nazi, but a little punctuation goes a long way in conveying your message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12