Water in fuel & spark plugs

Just passed 100 hours on my BF250A, started running like crap, finally got a water in fuel alarm on my Garmin 7610xvs, checked water separators on engine. Removed both, emptied, cleaned and replaced, and drained fuel. Found some 93 octane non-ethanol fuel, got 20 gallons and added some star-tron. Running better but seems like no increase in power from 3/4 throttle to 100%. Slow to get up to 5500 rpm, real sluggish, before I could turn 6300. Called dealer and told him what was going on and he said I had done everything I should have. Asked me if I had changed the plugs, I said no, he said that before I drug the boat to him, to replace them, said that this has been an issue and it would probably fix it. Plugs are ordered NGK ZFR6K-11E, these ain't cheep, hope it's the answer, will save me trip to the dealer 1 1/2 hours away. Anyone have this type of problem? No other alarms.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

2. Member
    DID you check the low psi fuel filter? I only ask because at 102 hours mine was plugged SOLID from corn gas eating out my fuel line. My dealer never installed a inline fuel filter and he never changed the low or high psi fuel filter on the Honda even when I paid him for 3 services. I now have the inline and run non ethanol. I had all the same symptoms as you as far as how it would run, but no alarm.

3. Member
    A long time ago i had pump some e-10 without noticing it and run it one time and sat for two weeks and ran again and it destroy my prime bulb and fuel line pretty fast. I ended up changing new blub, inline filter, water separator filter and draining the fuel system and changes out a new outside water fuel filter and the boats been running fine every since. Spark plugs isn't cheap for sure but i changes mine every 2-3 years depending on how much i run my boat each season. Have you been pumping gas with ethanol?
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Phongr82bf150 View Post
    A long time ago i had pump some e-10 without noticing it and run it one time and sat for two weeks and ran again and it destroy my prime bulb and fuel line pretty fast. I ended up changing new blub, inline filter, water separator filter and draining the fuel system and changes out a new outside water fuel filter and the boats been running fine every since. Spark plugs isn't cheap for sure but i changes mine every 2-3 years depending on how much i run my boat each season. Have you been pumping gas with ethanol?
    I have run some ethanol, but filters are clear. Put new plugs in and it ran a little better but still bogging above 3/4 throttle. Dealer thinks its the fuel pump. We will see.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Homan View Post
    I have run some ethanol, but filters are clear. Put new plugs in and it ran a little better but still bogging above 3/4 throttle. Dealer thinks its the fuel pump. We will see.
    I had a new primer bulb that was bad and i had to replace with a second one. Could have been a bad check valve. But i have replace my whole fuel line system because they were starting to dry crack. Did you check your new plug to make sure the gaps are within specs of what your motor is calling for?
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

I had a new primer bulb that was bad and i had to replace with a second one. Could have been a bad check valve. But i have replace my whole fuel line system because they were starting to dry crack. Did you check your new plug to make sure the gaps are within specs of what your motor is calling for?
    I did check gaps on the new Iridium NGK's, they were right. purs like a cat till you hit 3/4 throttle, then there is no difference between 3/4 & full throttle. Seems to be starving for fuel.

jefflhoman.com

7. Member
    It is still bogging down at 3/4 throttle or just no power different?

It is still bogging down at 3/4 throttle or just no power different?
    Boggs or surges every once in a while, but mostly it shows no power gain from 3/4 to 100 % throttle.

jefflhoman.com

9. Member
    Did you ever get it figure out?

Yes, just think it was the water. Was running across the lake, it surged once then took off. I'm running 93 octane non ethanol now and she is running great. May have had some trash or something that finally came out?

jefflhoman.com

11. Member