Features you wished manufacturers included

A few of my buddies were talking about how boats were finished out a while back and it got me curious... what features do you wish Skeeter (or any manufacture) included when building boats? I’m not talking afterburners or something from a sci-fi flick, just realistic things that seem like fairly simple adds.

Two we discussed were a second fully enclosed conduit run from the batteries to the console and then up to the bow, to make rigging for new graphs easier; and then a much better insulated cooler.

2. Member
    Toilet seat

3. Member
    Since so many blown engines are caused by lack of warm up or cool down periods, why not add a simple warning lite for "cold engine" until a certain temp is reached. I would think Yamaha would add this to their Water Pressure/Low oil warnings to save a lot of warranty issues...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

4. Member
    Ditto on the conduit for rigging and on both sides

Fuse boxes with breakers wired directly to battery at console and bow to accommodate low voltage issues due to new graphs and power draw
    Threaded nut inserts instead of course thread screws to protect the fiberglass
    Cell phone holders/pockets either under the console or with covers to protect from rain and light. Would like to see them on both driver and passenger sides
    Easier access to and more USB outlets (I moved my outlet in the passenger console to the side instead of the back so I can get to it without emptying the contents)

5. Member
    Agree on a small cell phone box at least for the driver. My first ZX had a small storage box right next to the seat. I miss that.

6. Member
    Are torpedo tubes legal with torpedo of course. Just some people some days.

Little things, such as upgrade to trolling motor cords. Pumps that you don't have to be Houdini to change. USB ports. Accessible batteries that old people can actualy get to. Every trailer should come with steps. Heavier gauge wiring all around.

7. Member
    Master power switch in the bilge as in battery shutoff like my drag car
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Optional deck layouts
    At least 2 or 3 deck layouts to choose from
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Good copper wiring gets expensive quick as you go bigger - but YES, heavier gauge wiring for bigger powered items - mostly the trolling motor - would be my biggest want.
    Stern light on the motor cowling like many bay boats have, rather than that stupid long pole version I have that's always a pain to get working and easy to knock.
    Bow "headlights" (which I THINK are illegal to run at speed with?) for docking or slowly working out of a stumpy cove - Allison boats and many wake boats have them.
    And a small toilet - Allison boats have one.
    And a bonus one - beyond glitter gel-coat option - I want BeDazzler rhinestones gel-coat! If you ain't got the bling, you ain't got style!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Optional deck layouts
    At least 2 or 3 deck layouts to choose from
    This!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

11. Member
    I feel like I'm beating a drum.

A battery charging system that will allow the motor to charge the cranking battery
    then switch to charging the TM side when cranking battery is charged,
    FOR LITHIUM BATTERIES!

I also agree with deck options!