Thread: Time to upgrade

Time to upgrade

Been using the Houston made All Star rods in the IM6 graphite for years. Trying to find a brand that has the same crisp action. What's comparable action wise that's worth looking into. Budget is about $200 per rod

2. Member
    Kistler and Mccain would be the most similar to old ASs imo

3. Member
    I believe McCain closed their doors

If you're looking for a great rod around that $200 price point, consider the Daiwa Kage line. They have a very crisp, responsive blank and a nice assortment of available models. They're available from select brick and mortar dealers and are an outstanding rod that fishes well above their price point in my option. The Tackle Trap stocks them of course. Feel free to send me a PM for more information or you can check out them models on the website.

Daiwa Kage Casting Rods
    Daiwa Kage Spinning Rods

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    If you're looking for a great rod around that $200 price point, consider the Daiwa Kage line. They have a very crisp, responsive blank and a nice assortment of available models. They're available from select brick and mortar dealers and are an outstanding rod that fishes well above their price point in my option. The Tackle Trap stocks them of course. Feel free to send me a PM for more information or you can check out them models on the website.

Daiwa Kage Casting Rods
    Daiwa Kage Spinning Rods
    I would definitely agree with Bronzefly. I have a 7'4" Kage Frog rod, that actually works better as a pitching rod and heavy bottom contact. It has good sensitivity and balance. I also have a Rebellion 7'6" H/MH (I don't actually know if this rod really exists compared to what i found online including the Daiwa website, but that's what mine says) that is my new go to for bottom contact. The Rebellion rods are extremely light for the power they have and they are very crisp. Either is a great deal at the $200 price point.