Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sweet boat
    Coming to colorado For a boat though? Thought we had the highest
    prices around for new and used boats

2. Member
    Thanks...I got the best deal of all the 2020 Ranger 1880’s with the motor and options I wanted...

3. Member
    All of our local lakes...Pleasant, Bartlett, Saguaro, Canyon, and Lake Havasu...

4. Member
    Looks like my 1880 that I have in the marina on Lake Havasu...nice boat but it can't catch many bass...

5. Member
    Hi all of you guys,
    First, congrats to Yelosubfor his new Ranger,
    As for myself, I have a brand new Reata MS 1850 since August 2020. A very nice boat! It is hooked with a Merc 150 PRO XS with 19-inch Black Max three blades prop and I’m buying a 4-blade Spitfire 14x19 and will keep the other spare. I have a problem, though: The depth sounder transponder Garmin GT8HW-IH fitted in hull is not functional when the boat is planning (and as soon as I get 16 mph to 18 mph).
    It freezes and recover when I’m almost stop. I’d like to know each of your experience about this issue. Do you get the depth when planning or no! My dealer is not cooperative!

6. Member
    plor25 - Your post says that your transducer is fitted "in hull". Are you saying that you have a shoot through hull transducer epoxied in down in the bottom of your bilge? Or is it on the transom on the outside of your boat? It sounds like the transducer is not getting a shot at clean water when you are on plane, which is common for transom mounted transducers as they are usually mounted above the bottom of the hull.

7. Member
    I have a 2020 620FS. When delivered I filled the fuel tank an hit the lake with just life jackets, my wife and I for break-in, we hit 57 at 5700 rpm with a Merc 250 ProXs. Now 80 hours on the motor and fully loaded we hit 55-56, note we have three gps driven speedometers, the regular spedo, the smart gauge and the HDSLive, all three are different, LOL, . I have a question for you long shaft folks. After 18 hours of no issues we took a couple week trip and put 20 hours on it, after pulling out I noticed the 5 inch extension in the lower unit was changing color and both lower cowling paint looked like it was blistered. Mercury has replaced the cowlings once and the 5 inch extension twice. We just returned from adding another 20 hours on the motor and they both are changing color and "blistering" again. Any of you folks seeing the same? I started a thread on the Mercury forum several months ago if you want to follow along or comment there, search "5 inch extension". Several dealers have told me they haven't seen this issue but the Mercury rep has. As we chase this I discovered that the boat was delivered with the wrong propeller, came with a 21 pitch Tempest 3 blade, should have had a 22 pitch Bravo 4 blade. I don't have any issue with performance, comes out of the hole well and quick to planed, just a bit low on RPM, should/could be around 6200. Dealer ordered the correct prop, due in March 2022 for us to try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12