Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Champ 210 elite help

All right I could use some help from you guys. My bilge pump has stopped working. When I hit the manual switch nothing turns on. So first I looked at the fuse in the fuse was burnt out. I replaced a fuse and it still won’t work. After removing the batteries and looking down at the pumps, both pumps were Knocked off of there Notches where they are supposed to be held. I reconnected them back into their slots and checked wiring and still no luck. Is there another fuse that could’ve been blown? Not sure where to go from here.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    OK John, does your 210 have MegaLink, the Champion rocker switch conversion, or a 3rd party conversion?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    OK John, does your 210 have MegaLink, the Champion rocker switch conversion, or a 3rd party conversion?
    Oh boy.... how do I know? Sorry

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    MegaLink has a touchpad on the side of the cockpit & on the bow. The Champion rocker switch conversion has rocker switches on the side of the cockpit & bow. 3rd party has something else ...

MegaLink
    20190822_122224a.jpg

Champion Conversion
    20191025_142738a.jpg

5. Member

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    OK, that looks like the breaker panel for the Champion rocker conversion. If the breakers are not labeled, check all to make sure none are tripped. On mine the 2 on the left forward end are the 2 bilge pumps. There is a fuse in the battery compartment in the brown/red wire. That fuse is for the float switch. The Rule pumps that Championed used are pretty notorious for getting water in the motor. So if you have tripped breakers, you reset them, then they trip again when you try to run the pumps, my bet is you need new pumps. I had to replace one of mine in January.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Here's a shot of my breaker panel.

20200224_142056a.jpg

What is that switch aft of the breaker panel on your boat?

8. Member
    Here's a shot of my breaker panel.

20200224_142056a.jpg

What is that switch aft of the breaker panel on your boat?

that’s for my power poles

9. Member
    The fuse to the auto pump was blown. I replaced it and still nothing.

10. Member
    I have never had to reset a breaker. I’m assuming you would just press down on the rubber knob where it says bilge 1/2?

11. Member
    I have never had to reset a breaker. I’m assuming you would just press down on the rubber knob where it says bilge 1/2?

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgarrison52 View Post
    Yep

13. Member
    Alright, well no breaker was tripped.... I still have nothing. The toggle switch isn’t lighting up either, which makes me think that the power source is bad... I don’t want to go out and buy new pumps if it’s just the power..
    Last edited by Jgarrison52; 06-22-2020 at 10:52 PM.

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    So, when you turn on the power switch, does it light up?

15. Member
    No light turns on..

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    OK, at the cranking battery, there is a 6ga red wire from the positive post about 6" long that goes to a small 50A circuit breaker, make sure it's not tripped. On the opposite end of the circuit breaker, there are 2 10ga red wires. Each has a 20A fuse. One of those may be blown. The other is not used in the Champion application. That powers The breaker panel. Look back at my breaker panel, the breaker marked Electronics, make sure it's not tripped.. Check the black wires at the cranking battery to make sure the wire has not corroded through on any of them.

17. Member
    OK, at the cranking battery, there is a 6ga red wire from the positive post about 6" long that goes to a small 50A circuit breaker, make sure it's not tripped. On the opposite end of the circuit breaker, there are 2 10ga red wires. Each has a 20A fuse. One of those may be blown. The other is not used in the Champion application. That powers The breaker panel. Look back at my breaker panel, the breaker marked Electronics, make sure it's not tripped.. Check the black wires at the cranking battery to make sure the wire has not corroded through on any of them.
    I checked all 5 of the fuses in the picture. all are good to go. Initially the auto bilge one was blown. It has been replaced. Still nothing (picture included of the 5 fuses I checked)

im I sure of the circuit breaker that you are describing that runs from the cranking battery???

18. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    No pix attached

19. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast