Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Speaking of new truck pricing...question

I'm not necessarily savvy on all the ways to save money when buying a new truck, and I have a general question.

Since Ford is about to introduce the 2021 F150, will that make negotiating a lower price easier for 2020 models?

2. Member
    Not until the 21's have been on the lot for 2-3 months.

Copy that. May have to wait until Truck Month to pull the trigger on a new one.

4. Pat Goff
    I found car guru last year when I bought a new work truck. It made everything stress free. Might give it a try.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    I found car guru last year when I bought a new work truck. It made everything stress free. Might give it a try.
    Seen it advertised but never tried it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks Pat.

6. Member
    every month is truck month......you can get a great deal on the 2020 f-150's right now if you find dealers that are releasing their service loaners...normally have 2-3k miles on them. Depending on the trim package you are looking for, it's a good deal.

With current rebates, you can get 10-12k off sticker right now. Since Ford hasn't really shipped vehicles in 3-4 months, dealer inventories are really low, so if you're looking for something specific, now really isn't the time to buy. Also, used care values are shot, because they've made it so cheap to buy a new one with 0 for 72 and 84.

Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    every month is truck month......you can get a great deal on the 2020 f-150's right now if you find dealers that are releasing their service loaners...normally have 2-3k miles on them. Depending on the trim package you are looking for, it's a good deal.

With current rebates, you can get 10-12k off sticker right now. Since Ford hasn't really shipped vehicles in 3-4 months, dealer inventories are really low, so if you're looking for something specific, now really isn't the time to buy. Also, used care values are shot, because they've made it so cheap to buy a new one with 0 for 72 and 84.
    I'm looking for either a 2018-19 used truck in a specific config (Ecoboost, long-bed, specific color, etc) or a new 2020 in the same config. If I can't find it, I'll just keep what I have. Might be wise to wait for a better time. Thanks for the help and info TBC...

8. Pat Goff
    I bought a new '19 ram last year for 26.9K, the lesson I learned using car guru was to make your search area really wide, and don't be bashful about playing dealers against each other.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

If you don't mind me asking Pat, what was the sticker on the truck you bought?

10. Pat Goff
    Errr... it was something like 43ish. Really didn't pay much attention to that.
    After buying that sled, I can assure you I'll never waste another minute in a dealer.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

11. Banned
    I think they only make long bed 150’s in extended cab and regular cab, the crew cab longest bed is 6’6” if I remember correctly.

Everything I have seen too is about $12k off msrp. The options make the price go up real quickly.

Yeah, I should have said 6.5' bed. The "mid length bed" in the SuperCrew are out there, but not very common. I had to have a dealer find the one I have now.

Basically I want the same truck I have now, just in a different color.

13. Member
    I thought I'd chime in here. I am currently a salesman, but also getting out of the car business (IMO it is a morally and ethically corrupt business model, that's why I am getting out). I have been at it since 2006, and at the same dealership for over 12 years. In my opinion is do your own research. Everything about a car dealership is designed to bleed your wallet. If you are financing, get it set up before hand. Get approved through a credit union before hand, have the term, interest rate, money down all set up before you walk into a dealership. If negotiating online, DO NOT mention how you are paying for it. Dealerships are allowed to mark up financing rates to make even more profit. Shop online to get the best price you can, and get it in writing like on an email with a VIN number. If paying cash, do not tell them you are paying cash, if you do, you limit thier potential profit and are less likely to discount the truck. Think of the whole process as a chess game, then out maneuver them. PM me and I'd be happy to offer my advice

Quote Originally Posted by Grawg72 View Post
    I thought I'd chime in here. I am currently a salesman, but also getting out of the car business (IMO it is a morally and ethically corrupt business model, that's why I am getting out). I have been at it since 2006, and at the same dealership for over 12 years. In my opinion is do your own research. Everything about a car dealership is designed to bleed your wallet. If you are financing, get it set up before hand. Get approved through a credit union before hand, have the term, interest rate, money down all set up before you walk into a dealership. If negotiating online, DO NOT mention how you are paying for it. Dealerships are allowed to mark up financing rates to make even more profit. Shop online to get the best price you can, and get it in writing like on an email with a VIN number. If paying cash, do not tell them you are paying cash, if you do, you limit thier potential profit and are less likely to discount the truck. Think of the whole process as a chess game, then out maneuver them. PM me and I'd be happy to offer my advice
    Appreciate that Grawg! If I get to that point, I'll PM you for some coaching!

15. Pat Goff
    What Don said...
    The dealer makes thousands off financing. And insurance, and whatever else they can tag on.
    The internet option removes the negotiations, the gotchas and other annoying crap.
    The wider your search, the better deals you'll find. I had ZERO interest in a dodge/ram, but this dealer had these trucks for the same price a used F150 was going to cost. Everything is done up front, invoice is written, there it is. It's a no stress transaction.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Yeah, I should have said 6.5' bed. The "mid length bed" in the SuperCrew are out there, but not very common. I had to have a dealer find the one I have now.

Basically I want the same truck I have now, just in a different color.

Have you tried the Ford find it/build it option? You can put in the color desired and 6 1/2’ bed, then it’ll show any within 100 miles of you.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Have you tried the Ford find it/build it option? You can put in the color desired and 6 1/2’ bed, then it’ll show any within 100 miles of you.
    I did, and the closest one to me is in Wisconsin...lol.

18. Banned
    Damn! What color are you after?

19. Pat Goff
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post

lol! I could see that being a factory challenge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast