new alumacraft trailer,hard to launch/reload

i picked up a new left over 2018 alumacraft xb200 with a sho 150 motor and single axle trailer.i like everything about the boat except it is a real pain to load/unload.i installed those little abs pieces on the bunks to try to make it slide easier but no joy.it seems like there is to much nose weight,so when pulling back on the trailer its hard to get it to go on the front roller.it always seems to low.any thoughts?

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

2. Member
    Most loading issues are caused by having the trailer in too deep or on occasion, not deep enough. Have you tried the trailer in the water at different depths? Nice boat by the way. You and your entire neighborhood can fit on the front deck of that thing!

Is it a two bunk trailer? I have been driving an RT188 for 7 years and cussed the trailer loading for much of it. I solved the problem by adding two more bunks.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Is it a two bunk trailer? I have been driving an RT188 for 7 years and cussed the trailer loading for much of it. I solved the problem by adding two more bunks.

no its a 4 bunk like yours pictured.i guess ill have to play it some more and try to find the sweet spot.

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

5. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Do you completely wet the bunks the pull forward to expose them as much as needed? With my Tracker trailer even with the popular mod with the brackets Roy makes (or used to make?) loading was still a pain. Finally figured out that the bunks needed to be submerged completely then exposed so the hull could slide a little better (including side to side to line up). Boat will load like a real bass boat every time now.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!

6. Member
    Have you tried a drop hitch?

7. Member
    Do you have any adjustments on the bunks?? Can you raise the fronts a bit?? Can you move the winch stand back of forth a bit?? I have alumacraft deep v and I moved stand forward 6" and it made a huge difference.

Man I must be magic because I never had a problem with my RT188 or this new Tracker. I just line em up and go....power load all the way! Top of tire fenders about 2-3 inches out of the water worked for both trailers. Heck this damn painted bottom Tracker will slip back on you so I leave the motor running, engaged and walk up and lean over to hook up then kill and trim it when by myself.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

9. Member
    I had a tough time the first couple of weeks with my Grumman Renegade until I learned how deep to put the trailer. I still have to turn it to the right at the last moment before it hits the ring. Try tilting the engine pretty far up when loading, it'll climb over the bow chalk easier.

10. Member
    Bill Reynolds, where did you get the parts for the 2 additional bunks? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnderson View Post
    Bill Reynolds, where did you get the parts for the 2 additional bunks? Thanks.
    This is the only place I could find brackets with a continuous slot that is required to get proper Height placement of The bracket.

After I trimmed off the end of the bracket that extended below the rail, I had to make special washers from 1/8 flat stock to increase the bearing surface.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    This is the only place I could find brackets with a continuous slot that is required to get proper Height placement of The bracket.

After I trimmed off the end of the bracket that extended below the rail, I had to make special washers from 1/8 flat stock to increase the bearing surface.

Bill,

I had looked a while back for your info about this and couldn't find it.

I even asked and no one could remember who it was!

So you only needed 4 of the 8" and 2 of the 10" Bolster Brackets and 6 of the Angled Swivel Brackets and of course the bolts, washers, and nuts to do it?

Thanks for the pics and info!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step