Anyone install a helix 12 in dash ?

I purchased a 2016 520c with a double bracket mount on the console and put the helix 12 on it but now much room between the steering wheel and the graph . I would like to flush mount it in the console but not sure if it will fit and not sure what hard ware I need to make it work .

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    12 inch should definitely fit in any of the recent C boats. What hardware you need depends upon how it’s set up now. When in doubt on such matters, I contact Randy Kuhens as Precision Sonar, or Bass Boat Technologies. They make aftermarket mounts and also have replacement console plates. Not sure whether they have a solution for going the other direction, back to flush mount. But they could surely fabricate you such a setup, if desired.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I believe Precesion Sonar makes a steering wheel spacer to give a couple inches of room between wheel and graph.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    We do make a spacer!

Contact me bill.

5. Member
    Bass Boat Tech makes a spacer also. I have one.

6. Member
    Love my spacer on my 08 thanks PrecisionSonar... I can sit up straight while driving now. We did not get the adjustable seats back then.

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionSonar View Post
    We do make a spacer!

Contact me bill.

I have a 518c and I flush mounted a 12 inch HDS carbon.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill12 View Post
    I purchased a 2016 520c with a double bracket mount on the console and put the helix 12 on it but now much room between the steering wheel and the graph . I would like to flush mount it in the console but not sure if it will fit and not sure what hard ware I need to make it work .
    If you want to flush mount the unit simply call Ranger with your vin number and ask for a console electronics plate drilled for a 12, they will send that to you then just switch them out its really no big deal. Or as they say above order a spacer from Bass Boat Teck or Precision and you will be fine.

9. Member
    I’m actually suspect if a Helix 12 will fit flush mounted. HDS Carbon 12 barely fits, and Helix is wider, I believe, because it has buttons on side.
    HDS Carbon 12 is 13.1” wide
    Helix 12 is 14.86” wide.

My dealer told me a Helix 12 wont flush mount in my 1850 LS console, I believe it is quite similar to the 520C console from the same year.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

You can flush mount a Helix 12 in a 521C (guess the console is the same in other "C" boats ?)boat but you have to do a little cutting on the side,

Fwd to 5:30