Question retractable boat buckles on x19

anyone put boat buckles on x19 if so where and how did you attach to trailer

I bought the mounting brackets they sell and drilled a hole thru the tube over by the welded on eye they install

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    I have some I have wanted to install but didn’t want to drill holes in the frame

4. Member
    I went ahead and drilled the holes. No problems yet.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

5. Member
    w i w fishing how long you had your boat i just purchased a 2021 x19 with 175 sho, tell me about your set up and what you like and what you dont like , rigging mine now hope to get on water soon, how it rides, and how it fishes

6. Member
    Bought new, so 5 years. 6" plate set at 3.5" PTP. 23p FXP Turbo prop. Best run 62.5mph gps. Not really anything I can say I dont like. I do wish I had went with the 10" plate, preferably an Atlas hydraulic plate. Wish I had not listened to the dealer and went with the 200 SHO.

It does start to chine walk between 61-62mph. But your not going to get much more than that out of the 175. The boat handles GREAT, if you can learn to drive through the chine walk and you want to keep it at the 62 or 63 mark. No issues below 62mph. Fishing is great out of this boat. Yours will be better because the casting deck is just a little wider. I have twin blades on mine.

7. Member
    i have the 10 manual plate went with the sho 22 prop , the latest bulletin showed 60.5 really looking forward to get it on water, thanks for come back, have you ever tried any of the 4 blade props. can you send me a picture of the location of your boat buckles

This is how I have mine

'06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

9. Member
    flipside what kind of bracket did you use mine has the ring welded at the end of main frame to the right of where you mounted yours

10. Member
    I drilled mine where flipside mounted his. I have the welded ring at the end of frame, also.

Have not tried any 4 blade props.

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    flipside what kind of bracket did you use mine has the ring welded at the end of main frame to the right of where you mounted yours
    Mine had the tabs already welded on the trailer, sorry I misunderstood what you meant by "ring".

Sounds like you will either need to weld a tab on or drill through to mount.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

12. Member
    003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPGinstalled these today had to use the universal bracket and turn them to inside, really not satisfied i think i might drill frame going to try these first, if i turned them to outside they looked like they could be hit by boat when loading , i used 2- 1/2 inch washers 1/8 thicck on the welded ring with a bolt through it to attach bracket

13. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Could you roll the bracket up and use the middle hole to mount the buckle, so it's facing back ?
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

14. Member
    i had it turned up but i think it will be too high when loading boat, i finishing up rigging as soon as i get my console mount from precision i am going to take to water and check it out

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    i had it turned up but i think it will be too high when loading boat, i finishing up rigging as soon as i get my console mount from precision i am going to take to water and check it out
    Remember when loading your boat that may be a foot or more away according to ramp angle

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

16. Member
    I initially drilled the cross tube and attached with a bolt and nut. The tube was very thin. My eyes are welded to the tube also. Later, I drilled and tapped the plates at the end of the frame and attached the boat buckles with a 1/2” NC stainless steel bolts. Two years ago and no problems.