Thread: 2021 Bronco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last edited by bloodman; 06-21-2020 at 07:55 PM.

2. Member
    Let's see a pic.

I havent seen it but if its like everything else it will look nothing like the prototype.
    I have seen some badass prototypes before only to have them finally in production and come out looking like a station wagon.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

4. Banned
    It looks like a Wrangler, only shittier.

Ford has a Mt Everest hill to climb if they want to compete with the Wrangler.

5. Member
    If it looks like a Wrangler forgetabout it not a fan of any Jeep especially a Wrangler , the worst riding vehicle out there.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    Good thing they moved the unveiling to a different a day other than OJ’s birthday.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    If it looks like a Wrangler forgetabout it not a fan of any Jeep especially a Wrangler , the worst riding vehicle out there.

You expect a vehicle purpose built for off road use to ride great when doing pavement princess duty?

8. Member
    I am in for one in racing white

9. Member
    Already read OJ's family review, they like everything but the name.

10. Member
    https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/bronco-sport

This looks a lot like my wife old LR Discovery Sport. Her LR had a Ford derived 2.0L Eco Boost. It was by far the most solid small CUV we test drove. I would think the Ford version should prove more reliable than her LR. If it has the same solid ride and drive as her old Disco Sport and is reliable they will sell a whole bunch of them.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/bronco-sport

This looks a lot like my wife old LR Discovery Sport. Her LR had a Ford derived 2.0L Eco Boost. It was by far the most solid small CUV we test drove. I would think the Ford version should prove more reliable than her LR. If it has the same solid ride and drive as her old Disco Sport and is reliable they will sell a whole bunch of them.
    It won't. LR Disco is unibody and independent suspension at all 4 corners. It's literally meant for pounding pavement.

New Bronco is body on frame, solid rear axle, independent front and much stiffer for off-road use. At least that's what's been leaked.

I'm skeptical, because Ford. That IFS is going to keep the hard core Jeeper's from buying one. And if they over-complicate the interior it's really going to keep the off-roaders from buying one.

"2021 Ford Bronco debut postponed to July 13 due to OJ Simpson tie-in" The original July 9 reveal date also happened to be O.J.'s birthday. Awkward!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

13. Member
    There is only one Jeep. Xterra and FJ have already tried and failed at stealing die hard Jeep owners.

What Riccoche says makes sense on ride.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    You expect a vehicle purpose built for off road use to ride great when doing pavement princess duty?
    yes
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

15. Member

Bronco

Hopefully something bigger engine than what they are saying now.
    Ranger's 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder as standard. Ford's 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 may also be in the cards,

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    There is only one Jeep. Xterra and FJ have already tried and failed at stealing die hard Jeep owners.

What Riccoche says makes sense on ride.
    It's 100% on point. You either cater to the pavement pounders with a soft suspension, or you cater to the off roaders with a stiffer suspension.

And you're right. Many have tried, and many have failed to compete with the Wrangler. It is the standard by which all off road vehicles are judged against. And the bar is high. People can knock FCA all they want, but the Wrangler sells. A lot. And for good reason. It's also has the title as having the lowest depreciation of any SUV on the market. That in and of itself is going to be the metric which makes or breaks this Bronco. No one in their right mind is going to buy one if it's value tanks in 2-3 years.

In Dec of 2011 I traded a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport for my current 2012 Wrangler Rubicon. That dealer bought my JKU Sport for $31k. I bought the thing for $32k almost 2 years prior. No other vehicle can compete with that.

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Mine rides great. Fox shocks with lift. Very smooth.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgs1967! View Post
    Mine rides great. Fox shocks with lift. Very smooth.
    mine too, I have a JKU and its nice to drive and run around in.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

19. Member
    Looks like an FJ Cruiser. Not a fan at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast