05 merc 200 efi cutting out while crusing along

Hey guys I have 200 efi serial numer is 0T275206. It gets on plane with plenty of power and ill be going along and it will just cut out. I can back the throttle back and then it kicks back in. I havent had a chance to really see what rpms im at when this happens. I did notice if i stay around 50 mph it doesnt do it. I normally can get 63 top end. Ill try and get out this week and do some more trouble shooting. Any tips to start with. only changed plugs this year but it started doing it at the end of last summer. Thanks Also i believe motor is an 05

2. Member
    The Stator (under the flywheel), is the heart of the electrical system. It has two charge coils (high speed and low speed), that energize the ignition system. It could be one or the other that is shorting or an open in the wire coil when it gets hot. It could also be a CDM ignition coil (6 of them), breaking down or a trigger coil. You'll probably need a diagnosis from a shop that can run it on a dyno at high speed. I'd suggest getting a timing light and a friend to run the boat and check each spark plug wire one at a time. If they all drop out it's probably a stator. If only one drops out it should be a CDM coil. You'd need a CDM wiring diagram to show you which CDM fires which cylinder. eg; #5 might fire cyl #2. etc... IMO