Thread: Gatorbak Bunks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    I fish about 2x week my carpet bunks never dry out, I'm gonna order and make the swap. Do you have any tips or advice on things you learned while swapping them out that you would have done differently?

Nothing i would of done different. Have everything you can done and ready at home. I took quick grip clamps all the hardware and fasteners needed and i had wrenches and a socket set with various expension lengths. Took my drill set too used my impact for all the lags. I just simply matched how the old bunks were on there. Dad was with me nice to have a helper.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    Nice job on yours! I was curious if you had used lag bolts or counter sunk carriage bolts. Exact measure and Pre-drilling the carriage bolts in the precise locations at the house seemed like a daunting task. You answered that question. Now if you don't mind, I'll just borrow your helper (Dad) for a day, with a little bass fishing on Chickamauga when we are finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Nothing i would of done different. Have everything you can done and ready at home. I took quick grip clamps all the hardware and fasteners needed and i had wrenches and a socket set with various expension lengths. Took my drill set too used my impact for all the lags. I just simply matched how the old bunks were on there. Dad was with me nice to have a helper.

3. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I did the same, prepped everything at home, went to the lake. Removed and replaced. My trailer was new so all the hardware was easy to disassemble. Maybe not the case for an older trailer so take a look and make sure you've got all the replacement hardware needed on hand. Then just have a cordless impact driver on hand and go. Before removing the old bunks, use them as a template to mark where the new bunk needs to be on the bracket.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Yeah, I agree .......can't afford blisters either, LOL
    I understand but bunks are a lot cheaper fix. Sometimes you have to Bit that Bullet!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    Nice job on yours! I was curious if you had used lag bolts or counter sunk carriage bolts. Exact measure and Pre-drilling the carriage bolts in the precise locations at the house seemed like a daunting task. You answered that question. Now if you don't mind, I'll just borrow your helper (Dad) for a day, with a little bass fishing on Chickamauga when we are finished.
    Lag bolts same as factory i added ss washers tho. Measure the old clamp the new in place pre drill and run the lags in. Thats where the impact driver comes in handy. Its tight in some spots i had to use my 90° drill to drill some of the holes.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    I understand but bunks are a lot cheaper fix. Sometimes you have to Bit that Bullet!
    Yep, I agree. Now all I have to do is get enough money to buy a bullet to bite.........LOL

7. Member
    I ordered the gatorbaks. Hopefully this goes well but a dark cloud does seem to follow me

8. jig4bass
    Outstanding job on your bunks! I'd like to do the same on my 2015 18trx, but I'm not real handy on projects like that. I will save this thread for when I order mine. Thanks!
    2015 Triton 18trx
    2015 Mercury 200 Pro XS - 2S
    Mercury Tempest Plus 24P
    MinnKota Fortrex 80# / 6" Jack Plate
    Humminbird 899ci HD
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Looks really good. I really like the ones I put on my boat so far.

10. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I installed the gator bacs a year ago and I cannot power load at all. I never really did that before with carpet, pretty much get the trailer correct with the help of a partner. But with the gator bacs no way can I power up with the motor. I do really love them though.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12