Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I like the Tran-X for 6xd and bigger. For a rod, either a Dobyns 764CBRM or 805CBRM. Those are GREAT big cranking rods.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    I throw a Tatula 150 P , aluminum frame and side plate. It's super smooth , great drag , cast a mile.

https://www.sportsmansoutfitters.com...t-fishing-reel
    Ordered this Tatula 150. Great price John D shared. I wouldve liked to try the TranX, but at almost double the $, I'll give this Tatula a whirl. Thanks for the input guys. Some great suggestions here.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    No argument here! but it's what I had for this trip. I had ordered a Falcon Lowrider XD Cranker, which was delayed in shipping and showed up day after I left.
    I almost sold my St. Croixs and got a pair of those, because I really like the Cara reaction medium crankers that I use for warts And rock crawlers, but saw that Falcon was moving production offshore. If they were still made in the states, I’d have two in the rod locker right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mixermark View Post
    I almost sold my St. Croixs and got a pair of those, because I really like the Cara reaction medium crankers that I use for warts And rock crawlers, but saw that Falcon was moving production offshore. If they were still made in the states, I’d have two in the rod locker right now.
    I found an older one on ebay with the full cork grip. I'm disappointed in that move by Falcon too. A lot of people love the Exprides and those are made in China. Split grips are more a dealbreaker for me. Havent tried it yet, but hope to this weekend.

5. Member
    No Wonder why I kept the Abu Garcia Winch Gen2, Bass Pro Qualifier 4.9 & OG Zillion 100P (4.9).

They are nice reels to keep them in the strike zone.

6. Member
    See if you can find a good deal on a Curado 200E5. The best cranking reel I’ve ever owned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12