Caymas cx21 compared to Vexus vx21

Do any of you fellas have first hand experience in both of these boats? I’m really interested in your impressions. Likes and dislikes. I don’t personally care which is faster. More interested in rough water ride, storage, layout, and fishability. I know they are both very new, so probably not many folks that have been in both. If anyone has been, I bet they are here

2. Member
    I just picked up a caymas cx 21 pro on Thursday I’ve been out in it twice. I came from a Phoenix which is a good boat for the ride, I’ve been in and drove just about every boat out there and I’ll say this that this caymas is incredible on the ride. It’s definitely the best riding boat I’ve driven , it’s on plane fast and on top end there is no chime walk or side to side slap like a ranger. Storage and bilge area is phenomenal cockpit is very roomy but the wheel is at the perfect distance, the quality of the details in the boat is the best I’ve seen on how it’s rigged, the trailer pulls supper smooth I’ve got the torsion axles is what came with the pro model. Very soft landing on waves and very dry. I’m impressed so far, does the fiberglass hold up and not crack that remains to be seen and time will tell but as far as everything else I’m glad I bought this boat instead of going and getting another Phoenix and I think the more people that drive one will buy one

3. Member
    Nice, that's great to hear. I hope this brand takes off!

4. Member
    Sam, thanks for the report! I didn’t even think to ask about the trailer. I should have stated in the original post that I’m currently running a 2018 21 PHX which I really enjoy (before that a 2011 triton 20XS). I really like the layout of the PHX. It rides great. The fit and finish is ok. My biggest reason for trading is my dealer is HORRIBLE at service! Whichever of these boats I get, it will be based 60% on dealer/40% boat. (Not a lot of bass boat dealers in Illinois )
    Thanks again Sam

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmanbear View Post
    Sam, thanks for the report! I didn’t even think to ask about the trailer. I should have stated in the original post that I’m currently running a 2018 21 PHX which I really enjoy (before that a 2011 triton 20XS). I really like the layout of the PHX. It rides great. The fit and finish is ok. My biggest reason for trading is my dealer is HORRIBLE at service! Whichever of these boats I get, it will be based 60% on dealer/40% boat. (Not a lot of bass boat dealers in Illinois )
    Thanks again Sam
    I tell you this caymas dealer network is expanding big time, the fit and finish of the Phoenix is outdated bad and as much money they want for a Phoenix they need to do some updating. After looking this caymas over of all the little details it would be hard for me to buy another brand unlesss they had the same fit and finish because now I know how it should be done vs ok that will work. The only dislike I have and this is me personally the cooler lid to be taller because I like to sit on it while tying lures and lean back against the front deck with the compartment open, the sea deck makes it a little uncomfortable to do that so I had to sit on the front deck off to the side of the center compartment but other then that everything is great

6. Member
    One looks like a bass boat and one does not

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    One looks like a bass boat and one does not
    Agreed, thanks for the laugh today.