Venus vx21 compared to caymas cx21

Do any of you fellas have first hand experience in both of these boats? I’m really interested in your impressions. Likes and dislikes. I don’t personally care which is faster. More interested in rough water ride, storage, layout, and fishability. I know they are both very new, so probably not many folks that have been in both. If anyone has been, I bet they are here

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i will take a stab at this, but be aware i am a little bias

1. Speed - Caymus has the advantage here.

2. Rough water ride - this has to go to the Vexus, with the longer and deeper hull and the air wave seats, it rides like a Cadillac

3. Storage - Again this will be Vexus, and again with the longer and deeper hull it just has more below deck storage. also the fuel tank is recessed under the cockpit floor freeing up even more room.

4. Layout - this will be personal so it can be a toss up - i prefer the huge Vexus between the seat dedicated cooler. i also prefer the rod management system in the port rod box with the open end and quick access shelf. The Vexus VX21 is also 7 inches longer and 1 inch wider. - to be honest the Vexus VX20 is closer in size to the Caymus CX21, that might be a more fair comparison.

5. fishability - this is also subjective. the Vexus sits a little higher in the water than the Caymus, this gives you a little better view and for me at least a better pitching/flipping platform. With the pickle fork design of the Vexus bow, you can comfortable fish two guy in the front of that boat real easy.

Just my humble opinion

3. Member
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate your perspective.