Thread: Z18 vs z19

Z18 vs z19

I currently have an old tracker boat but looking to purchase new boat either this winter or early spring. Will probably order one because I don’t need electronics or trolling motor. I will transfer current ultrex and 2 helix 10 Msi with m360 to new boat. Question is the price difference of a z18w175hp to a z19 is only a few thousand difference. I have been reading many articles for a couple years now and it seems the there is not going to be much of a difference between the 2 as far as size. Would the fuel economy of the z19 be much better than a 175 in a z18. Not a tournament fisherman but thinking the z19 might be better in the long run to spend a few thousand more when I purchase. Never fished out of anything but aluminum boats but fishing the main body of lakes with boat traffic in aluminum gets pretty rough at times. Why I was looking at going glass. Also never experienced chime walk before since only aluminum boats. Probably won’t be running wot much anyway. Also on the jack plate is the standard manual plate good enough. Once the heaight is set not like I will be big hurry with wanting optimum holeshot. Just trying to get as much info I can before getting ready to place an order. Have 30 years experience in aluminum boats but 0 in glass.

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Those question you ask are really personal preference things. Both the Z18 and Z19 are great fishing boats. The Z19 can carry a bigger engine but if you are not needing the extra HP, then why pay more for it.
    Really it’s just a matter of you sitting in both a finding which you like best.

3. Member
    I have a 2017 z18 with a proXS 175 (2-stroke) I love the boat it fish’s great. The front deck has the same room as the z19, the back deck is a little bigger 2” basically on a z19. There’s some other difference in livewell’s to. The z18 is as big a boat that I can keep in my garage so that’s why I bought it. I think if I had more room I would jump to a 20’/ 21’ boat and skip the 19’ length. Good luck I’m sure no matter what you get you will love it.

4. Member
    2019 Z19 with 200 hp 4-stroke and absolutely love it. Plenty big enough for 2 anglers and have had 3 on it with no problem. Have the manual jack plate and don’t regret it.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

Z19 will ride a bit better and be faster with a 200. I am impressed with the ride of the z18 and 19, but when the lake gets rolling they all have a limit. Z19 is less of a limit.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Absolutely love my 2019 Z18 with the Mercury 175! No regrets whatsoever.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

7. Member
    I have a 2017 Z19 with 2 stroke 150. It was a prize boat won at a big fish event locally and traded in. It has its limits and isn't a speed demon with the 150. Best I have seen is 59mph gps in the winter time and consistent with 55 during summer. With the 50 gallon tank I can fish 6-8 trips without having to worry about fuel. Alot is driver input but it rides really good, my brother has a z21 and with his driving it beats me up when I fish with him. I think you would be happy with either and just like with your aluminum rig just know your limits.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
    I have a 2017 Z19 with 2 stroke 150. It was a prize boat won at a big fish event locally and traded in. It has its limits and isn't a speed demon with the 150. Best I have seen is 59mph gps in the winter time and consistent with 55 during summer. With the 50 gallon tank I can fish 6-8 trips without having to worry about fuel. Alot is driver input but it rides really good, my brother has a z21 and with his driving it beats me up when I fish with him. I think you would be happy with either and just like with your aluminum rig just know your limits.
    Good information here

In my opinion the 19' 200 hp boat market is the hottest resale market out there.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    In my opinion the 19' 200 hp boat market is the hottest resale market out there.
    The 19’ 200hp boat is a jack of all trades. Great on rivers and backwaters, good around docks and can do alright in bigger water

11. Member
    I agree with basscat, i have a 2019 Z19 and i love it. I would say if you can afford the Z19 for the room it has i would do it over the Z18. It comes done to personal preference really. Find a dealer and sit in one of each and that will tell you your answer.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    I agree with basscat, i have a 2019 Z19 and i love it. I would say if you can afford the Z19 for the room it has i would do it over the Z18. It comes done to personal preference really. Find a dealer and sit in one of each and that will tell you your answer.

+1

The Z19 is an awesome boat. Obviously a bit bigger and more expensive. But you will love it.. My recommendation.....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

I came from a 2015 Triton 189 TRX to my new 2020 Z19 pro and let me tell you. That extra 1' is a huge huge difference. Im LOVING this boat.

15. Member
    I have a Z7, old version of z18. I love my boat, it was all I can afford, but wish I could've gone bigger. Bigger is better even if you don't need it.....for the space and the engine. You said you wanted optimum holeshot, the 200hp on the 19 will get on pad a little better than an 18 w/175. You might not be interested in the 5mph more top speed and that's fine, but you'll have that extra grunt needed to get on pad quicker. Every inch is important in a boat in my opinion. If you can go bigger for a few thousand and it's in your budget.....do it��