Thread: Plastisol

Plastisol

What brand of plastisol do you use? I used MF and it seems to tear easily. Have you used these brands?

Ozark Tackle - http://ozarktackle.com/plastisol.html

Bait Plastics - https://baitplastics.com/product/bai...hoose-formula/

2. Member
    I use Calhoun’s. Have you tried adding a little hardner?

3. Member
    I've used calhouns when baitjunkys sold it, lureworks & baitplastics. Using baitplastics this time, but the lureworks being in a box works out pretty good & it's good stuff. If i order baitplastics next time i'm going with medium hard because the heads of baits get torn up a little to easy in my opinion. I'm mixing 2 ounces of hard to 4 ounces of medium to cure that problem now. Other than that it's the most affordable plastic on the market.

4. Member
    I'm currently using Lureworks soft, and Bait Plastics medium/hard. I think they call it medium/saltwater. The Lureworks soft is real soft. I use it for drop shot baits and finesse worms. If I want a medium firmness plastic I just add hardener to the soft. It firms it up quite nicely.

I've only used the Bait Plastics medium/saltwater for tubes thus far and I really like it for that. Probably make a good swimbait plastic as well. It's pretty tough.

I haven’t poured a soft bait in years but I’ve been wanting to get back into it maybe this winter. Plastisols have evolved a lot since I last tried it and what I have been seeing is Dead On Plastix has really good reviews and cult like following. They have a blend for almost every type of bait it seems.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

6. Member
    Dead on Plastix

I use baitplastics , try using medium or even medium saltwater for harder baits

2009 ELITE 210