Bought myself a new avx1880

Hey guys just signed my contract for a 2020 avx1880 with an E-TEC g2 115 H.O.

I can’t wait to get it! Am I crazy to have bought it with the E-TEC? With them stopping production I was just somewhat concerned and wanted a few opinions?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterbasser View Post
    Hey guys just signed my contract for a 2020 avx1880 with an E-TEC g2 115 H.O.

I can’t wait to get it! Am I crazy to have bought it with the E-TEC? With them stopping production I was just somewhat concerned and wanted a few opinions?
    Depends on how much it was discounted, with all that is going on we really don't know much, but I do know Rude is giving some pretty good discounts on the motors.

3. Member
    I could not go that route unless it was a big discount.It may be hard to sale in a year or two with out cutting your price .Its like the stock market we just don’t know what will happen

It’s a shame they stopped making them. That new 115 seems like it’s a beast. Congrats.

5. Member
    Congrats on the new boat. You're going to love it. As far as the outboard goes, personally, I wouldn't have gone the E-Tech route. One thing is what Evinrude says, another thing is what they are going to actually do. I wouldn't feel comfortable having an E-Tech a couple of years down the road when an issue comes up, unless I knew a trusted reliable Evinrude Master Technician. But that's me. Good luck!!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

6. Member
    Going on just over a month in my 1880 with the 115 HO, bought it about 10 days prior to the evinrude news, having said that the deal was great so I don't think I would have gone another way. I'd say I've got close to 10 hours on the motor and probably 60 hours on the boat. So far I've touched 51 by myself (I'm about 240#), full fuel, empty wells, and all my tackle, with the current of mississippi pool 14. Against the current same load I get about 46.5. Just went out with a guy who has a 2007 Legend and he was amazed at how well it rode and the storage. Generally get about 5500-5900 RPM.

Love the boat.
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

First, congrats on the 1880, Vexus is adding new owners every day. You will love that G2.

If you plan on keeping it for the life of the warranty, I would "think" you are fine. But there are a lot of unknowns. Legally they have to honor the warranty but if the money going out is more than BRP forecasted, there are avenue they can take to change that. Who knows, BRP has deep deep pockets so it might be a non-issue.

I had a G2 on my 1980 and absolutely loved everything about it. There was honestly nothing a disliked and it was a beast on my 1980. I bought it on the 10 year warranty, however I never intended on keeping it for that long haul. Where I think the major hit is going to happen is on the resale. So if you are planning on selling in 2-4 years, I wouldn't have went with the rude, unless it was deeply discounted. Just the overall interest in potential buyers is going to drop off. The check was cut to me the day they announced, the buyer told he would have backed out if it was a day later. I had a G2 on my 2080 order but changed it to a Merc, definitely a 2nd choice only 1 Yamaha dealer about 60 miles from me. The reason for the change was solely because I knew I would be selling it and wanted to ensure it I could the most out of it. I might have kept a G2 on the order if this was my last new boat purchase.

All a matter of personal opinions right now, to many unknowns. I feel bad for the mom and pop shops who only service/sell Evinrude as many of them are top notch mechanics(at least in my area), they are already seeing a drop of support from Rude.

Enjoy your new boat and congrats.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    At one time a lot of ranger owners with e tec motors said some dealer would not even take them in on trade.But that was to due to problems with the motors .They didn’t have a good resale .Same thing may happen with the g2 .I would not buy a used one in two or three years

9. Member
    Look around the lake at all thre boats with old johnsons and what not. I think what is going to be more true is whether or not anyone wants a two stroke in a few years, but I'm still not worried because I expect to keep my boat for upwards of 7-10 years.
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

10. Member
    Thanks guys! I’m definitely going to be keeping it for a long time, I don’t plan to get rid of it, even after the warranty.

I would really like to see how well this boat would handle lake st Clair, it can get pretty nasty out if the wind is blowing or with the pleasure boaters. Do you think I would have a problem on big water?

11. Member
    Thanks guys! I’m definitely going to be keeping it for a long time, I don’t plan to get rid of it, even after the warranty.

I would really like to see how well this boat would handle lake st Clair, it can get pretty nasty out if the wind is blowing or with the pleasure boaters. Do you think I would have a problem on big water?
    Common sense will get you home safe. I have had mine in some pretty rough water on the Cumberland and it handled it like a champ, but St Clair can kill a boat quick. In a couple weeks we will test mine out on that lake, so attention to the weather will be a priority,

12. Member
    Exactly my thoughts, I will not be reckless and think I can go in any conditions. That would be even if I had 21' fiberglass, I just want to see that I will be able to do anything anyone else can do.

Perfect, if your plans are to keep. Enjoy it and don't worry about the what ifs. Enjoy......the G2 on a Vexus is an awesome setup!!

Can't speak specifically for St Clair however, during the summer on my home lake/rivers pleasure boating is huge. Tons of cruisers, wake boats etc etc. Over memorial day there were 3-4 wakes boats doing figure 8's(you can imagine the cross wakes), my experience has consistently been these boats perform well in rough water. Dry ride just need to be smart about it. If you back off it(no need to drop to an idle) and trim accordingly as with any boat in rough water, it is a solid, dry ride.

14. Member
    You’ll love that Evinrude G2 115hp. No break-in, no maintenance for 5 years or 500 hours, fuel economy you simply won’t believe, and plenty of power.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    You’ll love that Evinrude G2 115hp. No break-in, no maintenance for 5 years or 500 hours, fuel economy you simply won’t believe, and plenty of power.

Rub it in Jim. Thanks. Everything you mentioned was what I loved about the G2 on top of the performance. It was hard to change my order but I know I will be moving on from my 2080 in couple years. Now back to the annual maintenance, oil changes, etc etc etc.