Which 10” Garmins and Why

I have a new boat ordered and going with two 10” garmins - one on console with stern mount transducer and one at bow with livescope on separate pole mount. Would use stern transducer On front unit if I did not want to deploy Livescope pole. Riptide trolling motor has no built in transducer. Was planning on going with the 1022 which are not touchscreen. They do not come with a transducer - which would be an add on cost at stern. I am now having second thoughts. Plenty of time to change - as boat wont be built until Aug. What front and rear 10” garmins would you recommend, and why?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The 1022 does not have a sonar port. Only way to view sonar on that unit would be to add a "black box" to it. If you want that unit get the 1042 xsv. If you want to have the UHD, then get the Ultra 106......

Why limit yourself to only one transducer that's mounted on the rear....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Fish Couillon is right, get the ultra units, you will be happy you did. shoot me an email, ftomarinesupplies@gmail.com and I will answer any questions you have. We are board sponsors as well.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    The 1022 does not have a sonar port. Only way to view sonar on that unit would be to add a "black box" to it. If you want that unit get the 1042 xsv. If you want to have the UHD, then get the Ultra 106......

Why limit yourself to only one transducer that's mounted on the rear....
    I will have a riptide terrova trolling motor that I really dont want to mount a transducer on. I fish mostly ten ft of water or less except when crappie fishing.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You can put the transducer on the pole also....

6. Member
    but then I would have to deploy the pole. I figure if I am going to put the pole down, I will use livescope. There will be quite a few times I dont even care about seeing fish - just want depth so I dont get too shallow and water temp.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So what unit will you put at the console?

8. Member
    So what unit will you put at the console?
    I was going to go with a 1022 and black box - but having second thoughts about that now.

9. Member
    I was under the impression the livescope transducer would also work for 2d sonar and down imaging - is that not the case?

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I think for down but no 2d. When i say "think" seems i remember someone talk about it but personally, i rather the transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    I was under the impression the livescope transducer would also work for 2d sonar and down imaging - is that not the case?
    Yes, LiveScope does provide a source for both 2D and ClearVu, but beam specifications are reduced when compared to other transducer sources. ClearVu is approximately 1 x 10 degrees, whereas 2D is around 20 x 10 degrees.
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, LiveScope does provide a source for both 2D and ClearVu, but beam specifications are reduced when compared to other transducer sources. ClearVu is approximately 1 x 10 degrees, whereas 2D is around 20 x 10 degrees.
    that should work perfectly for me. I cant really come up with a scenario that I would not be using livescope and need anything other than just the depth reading on the front unit for my style of fishing, anyway.

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    1022 and 1042 you can link them .Biggest advantage to the gps map there is no bracket to fail