Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelfast View Post
    oops forgot to hit the quote button

2019 z19 Fury 23
    Factory setting was at 4". I am going to move it to 3" and see what that does.

2. Member
    2020 z21 pro 300 pro xs i dont have chine walk but mine bounces on top end with tempest 26 and 24 fury 3blade from 70 to 77 put put a 27.5 bravo 1 xs knocked out 95% of bounce never had one do this before Im moving weight around now trying to get it to stop my z8 250 never did this

I had one do this, it was an up and down oscillation when I reached full speed. But very slight and no real issue with driving, in any slight chop you would not notice it.

Getting cup added to the prop, or B&B'd, are also things that can help.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

You know what's happening in chine walking?

1- the boat is tipping to one side of the pad, then increasing the drag on that side causing that side to slow down. But then it bounces from that side to the other causes this side to now slow down.

2- when you steer left the boat leans left side down, right, right side down, now as the boat starts chining. JUST STARTS chining balance the left and right by steering. When the left side goes down steer right to lift the left side.

the steering is so light as it only needs to tap the motor, you can practice in the driveway to figure out your steering slop.

if you are still struggling with steering input try the exact opposite of what your doing as you may be doing it a tad to late, doing the opposite will make it be on time.

also if you take the boat up to 63 then slowly give more power and trim so the chine walk is very mild it will be easier to drive for a length of time Giving you more time to learn. Rather than hammer down and practicing for 7 seconds till you have to lift.
    Last edited by Fishysam; 06-25-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post
    2020 z21 pro 300 pro xs i dont have chine walk but mine bounces on top end with tempest 26 and 24 fury 3blade from 70 to 77 put put a 27.5 bravo 1 xs knocked out 95% of bounce never had one do this before Im moving weight around now trying to get it to stop my z8 250 never did this
    Lower your motor a 1/4" to give the prop more bite, my z8 will bounce if I go up any more than I currently have it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Every performance bass boat will chine walk. It isn't A Nitro thing. Some do it more than others. There are RARE occasions where one will not walk but very few. Stay below the walking speed or learning to drive it are the simplest options. Each boat is different because a few pounds can make a difference.
    Im Green when it comes to driving a boat fast but i agree . Mine seemed to walk around 69 and i drove through it a couple times to 71 back when i first got it. Then i added a battery, full load and the same 2 kids with me back in march and it hit 72 and never felt like it tried to walk. I let out of it because my phone blew out of the boat :(
    The one thing i remember doing a little different was i didnt trim up as much or as fast! Ive only been on lakes i dont know well since and a little hesitant of opening it up :)
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

7. Member
    I moved my motor to 3" PTP and when i was testing it with just me in the boat i hit 66 MPH with so chop and no walking what so ever. Now here the other day i took my neigh out with me and we went running down the lake and it started to walk pretty good again and i only got 64 mph. I did have a little more than half a tank of gas and he did have a heavy bag of plastics with him. I don't think i am going to go any higher with the motor so i am just going to learn how to try and drive through it.

Wow its usually the opposite with only a driver more likely to chine walk. Where are your batteries located?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    I have the 36 volt ultrex. I have one on the driver side, one on the passenger side, and two in the center.

10. Dogfish_Jones
    I raised my engine by 3/8” to make my PTP at 3 7/8” and now I can run a good 70mph without it walking. The hole shot even seemed better. It was chine walking bad around 65mph. I’ve not really had a bad hole shot before but I think it did improve it some. My water pressure is still around 13 or 14 too. I’ll leave it there, it seems happy with that setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12