Trim not holding

I have a 2007 Triton TR 186 with a mercury optimax 150 on the back. When the boat is out of the water or i'm stopped and fishing if I trim the motor up it works with no problem going up or down. As soon as I get on pad I can barley get the trim to go to 1/4 of the way and it will run 5100 rpms and scratch and claw to get to 5200 sometimes. I know the motor is supposed to run between 5300 and 5750. I've done research and some of the things they are saying, are to replace the seals on the trim arms, some are saying to replace the motor, some are saying its a coil or spark plug issue. I'm in the mist of tournament season and dont need my boat down for an extended period of time. Also before I forget I've checked multiple times and there is no air in the system or no signs of leaking anywhere. Thank you very much for you help

2. Member
    Try the next forum down, it covers your 150, be sure to check the Announcement at top of that forum and include engine serial number as well - Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Ok thank you