Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old Hickory Lake

Does Old Hickory Lake have Asian carp in it yet?

2. Member
    There are signs all over about them but I haven’t seen any and I am not on that lake weekly either.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bites View Post
    Does Old Hickory Lake have Asian carp in it yet?
    Yes everything connected to Cumberland river is gonna have them , but it's not horrible yet

4. Member
    Probably in the Tennessee River also if that is what Kentucky lake flows into.

I've seen talk that OH doesn't have the water flow that the carp need. Here's to hoping that info is accurate. It can already be tough at times. Don't need anything else to deal with.

6. Member
    They are in the Cumberland river. I have seen them in Old Hickory more than once. Downstream maybe 30 miles is Barkley and there are plenty of them there. I hope you are right Javelin389 about the water flow factor. The ones I have seen on Old Hickory have actually been upstream quite a ways where the river itself is flowing well and not down on the lake. I'm talking about up above Flippers at 109 hwy.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Member
    Ok I was thinking about coming down maybe next weekend. I fished all ay Saturday on KY lake and had 3 bites it just plain sucks up here. Last weekend there were thousands o them floating on Barkley.

Yes signs but I have never seen one yet
    See ignorance daily

9. Member
    10bites - Buzzbait the shore grass (cane grass) in the morning and also snagless sallies.

10. Member
    Ok thanks Buccaneer

11. Member
    Seen several in the Cumberland River proper below the dam and I know they swim through the dams but I really have not seen any in Old Hickory Lake yet quite sure there's some there

They’re there just not the extent of KY Lake and Barkley. However KY and Barkley had them for years before they were talked about or discussed really.

13. Member
    They are definitely there. I was walking a catwalk at a marina today and saw one cruising along.
    GETFISHED !!!

14. Member
    I fish OH multiple times per week. They're not bad. You don't have to worry about them jumping out of the water, and you won't find big schools that you think may be bass.

15. Member
    We have them on Cumberland ,gettin pretty bad, but they seem to get out of the river and go to back of the creeks , when I was tryin fish beds , I would see them 10 at a time , no current

16. Member
    I’ve had one jump in the boat on the Cumberland.

We also have wild tilapia on Old Hickory.

17. Member
    tuesday morning tournament out of Flippers 3 fish limit over 12 lbs to win had 8 and came is third. have never seen an asian carp on hickory myself but that doesnot mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by old stratos View Post
    tuesday morning tournament out of Flippers 3 fish limit over 12 lbs to win had 8 and came is third. have never seen an asian carp on hickory myself but that doesnot mean anything.
    Nice

19. Member
    We had a Wednesday nighter with 9.94 3 fish. Wasn't me that's for sure.
    GETFISHED !!!

20. Member
    We came down June 27&28 couldn't find many fish. Mainly fished off shore where we could either thy aren't out there yet or the just would not bite saw lots of fish on the graph. It was very windy and hard to stay out off shore. Went into a bay caught a few on a drop shot. Do the fish go out to the main river channel or do they stay in the creeks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast