Thread: Table Rock

Table Rock

Why are they holding the lake so high.Forecast for more rain next week. Just sayin!!!

2. Member
    Because everything downstream is also high. Nowhere for the water to go. Bull Shoals is 35' high. Flooded downstream from there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POPSLAVAZ View Post
    Why are they holding the lake so high.Forecast for more rain next week. Just sayin!!!
    Because every drop of water that doesn't run through the generators is money lost, has almost nothing to do with the downstream flooding.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

4. Member
    The Dam is designed for flood control. The last I saw Bull shoals was 34ft up and that where the water released from Table Rock is headed. They can run the Turbines at whatever water level they choose.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjockey View Post
    The Dam is designed for flood control. The last I saw Bull shoals was 34ft up and that where the water released from Table Rock is headed. They can run the Turbines at whatever water level they choose.
    You're right but the reason all the lakes in the chain were full, during the spring, prior to the rains, is maximizing the generation capacity. Flood control is doing a winter draw down, prior to spring rains, like when the dam was built right up till they changed corps policy in the early 2000's.

6. Member
    I think the lake was normal level in the first part of may.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Because every drop of water that doesn't run through the generators is money lost, has almost nothing to do with the downstream flooding.
    Honestly I'm sry but that's just not true. Corp does everything they can to get the water out and headed downstream. Before the spring rains, TR was below winter pool and looking good. We've been getting lots of rain and all the lakes in the white river chain are flooded. They can't just send it downstream and cause flooding if they still have room to hold it. It has everything to do with the downstream flooding and nothing to do with money lost.
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

8. Member
    Look at the historical data, Table Rock hasn't been under 915 for any length of time, since the first of the year at least, that is FULL pool. The same is true of Beaver and Bull Shoals, all three lakes were kept at the top of the season pools. No drawdowns on any of the lakes and they have been filling Bull Shoals since Jan/Feb. that sounds like flood control to you?

9. Member
    915 is winter pool, 917 is summer pool. They draw it down and did draw it down this year just like every year. Is 915 really enough draw down? No prob not but that's what the draw down is. Personally I hate seeing it below 915 but that's just me. Id rather it be high than the other way around. Definitely better fishing that way.
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tablerockslinger View Post
    915 is winter pool, 917 is summer pool. They draw it down and did draw it down this year just like every year. Is 915 really enough draw down? No prob not but that's what the draw down is. Personally I hate seeing it below 915 but that's just me. Id rather it be high than the other way around. Definitely better fishing that way.
    Me too, I like some water in the bushes. Around 920 or so is fine with me. If they turned all that water loose I'm sure Branson landing and the homes on Taneycomo would be in trouble , just like before.
    From what I see if they really want to drop the level they do it more so with the flood gates than the turbines.
    Last edited by rangerjockey; 06-20-2020 at 04:53 PM.

11. Member
    They talked about releasing 40-60k cfps out of Bull Shoals a few weeks ago but the home owners in Cotter threw a fit about getting flooded. Now they are just releasing turbine and no spillway water from either dam TR & BS. The White hits the Arkansas which hits the Mississippi, are they flooded? I'm tired of the last three years having Bull Shoals used as a holding pond although I realize last years downstream flooding situation. I cannot get on Bull Shoals or rather prefer not to use the available high water ramps and the ramps on Table Rock are into the parking lot for the most part causing parking issues plus I hate the summer traffic on Table Rock.