Mid to upper Chowan

Anybody doing any good? I haven't heard as much coming from the middle to upper part of the river this year? But I have struggled on the lower end in the last few weeks. Just curious.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

2. Member
    Not me. I’ve fished from Whites down to the bridge several times and only caught dinks. Not been above the island. Last week in DJ’s tourney there was a lot of boats going up,I don’t know how far.

3. Banned
    We had a club tourney out of Shoup's landing back on the 10th.14 won. Big fish was a 5+. Had 9 boats i think. Had a bunch of bites but a lot of dinks or 14 1/2" fish. Lots of bites in the pads pulling a horny toad/frog/buzzbait across them. We never even had a fish over 3 1/2 pounds all day. Stayed between the Meherrin and Holiday island. Winners said they lost one that would have pushed themover 20. We did not have much luck with 5 weighing almost 9 pounds.had to get your feet wet putting in and taking out with the wind blowing back up the river. Somebody found them that following weekend from what i heard. Hopefully Roanoke will be better for our plant shutdown tourney around the 4th. Sure hope so.

Roanoke was nasty looking Thusday. With the weather forecast next week along with more water probably being let outa Kerr I'm just guessing that river is gonna be a mess for the next few weeks at least. What do ya'll think??
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Banned
    You are probably right. Gonna have to make that run to Alligator, Pasquotank, Scuppernong or somewhere to find something.

6. Member
    Been fishing the Chowan steady for last 3 weeks. Catching numbers of quality fish has been a bit difficult, at least for me. Plenty of dinks in pads. Amazing to see how much tourn pressure this place receives - guess the water up on the Roanoke has something to do with it. Not like it used to be back in the 90s but then again I'm an old fart. I'd vote run out

7. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Not trying to jump your post here but me and my son are looking for some team tournaments to fish are there still tourneys going out pf shoups on the Chowan?? Is there a schedule or website?
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

8. Member
    Never forget the first time I ever this place. Back in 1977 State Federation Championship. It was a fish factory and for big fish. Guy who won it had two over 7 pounds in his bag, big fish was over ten. One my friends caught one over eight and one over ten in practice on the same day. Them was the good ole days!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
    Never forget the first time I ever this place. Back in 1977 State Federation Championship. It was a fish factory and for big fish. Guy who won it had two over 7 pounds in his bag, big fish was over ten. One my friends caught one over eight and one over ten in practice on the same day. Them was the good ole days!
    Back then if you didn't have a five fish limit that was over 20 plus pounds you were wasting your time at weigh in. And these were not team tournaments or spring time tournaments either. Yes they were the good old days.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

10. Banned
    It was great back in the early 70's for sure. My fishing partner won the Federation Championship somewhere down east way back but not sure which river/ramp they used.