Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good luck and Congrats!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That’s a great looking rig! Congrats, I’m sure you will catch many fish out of that boat! You’re gonna feel very proud driving to the lake with your own boat on the back, good for you.

Start on smaller bodies of water, get a routine down and have fun!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    Congrats! And you did it the right way by working and paying for it yourself. If there is one thing I have learned is when you spend your own money the appreciation factor is much greater.

Congratulations on the new boat and hope you get to enjoy it for years to come.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Shoulda posted a little earlier and maybe a BBC member could have swung by the dealer and gave you an unbiased review of the boat... Oh well... Good luck, and welcome to the BBC... Dan
    Did Dan just say bbc and “unbiased” in the same
    sentence lol jk

Congrats, that is a very clean looking rig, remember, its all about the motor, if the motor is solid you will be good to go. Good luck and enjoy!!

Spanky

Welcome to BBC and good luck with the new boat! Be safe!!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    Looks like a very clean rig. Enjoy!!!

9. Member
    Very clean.
    Enjoy.
    Take your time and don't worry about getting in anyone's way at the ramp. Take it slowly and get more comfortable with it as you go.

Nice looking rig! Congrats and enjoy

There are several around the lake I live. Very nice boats. Congrats to you.

12. Member
    Good looking rig. hope you catch some bigguns in it.

13. Banned
    Good looking boat! Congrats

14. Member
    Congratulations on the new Boat!

15. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Prepare yourself for heartbreak!
    Seriously though, congrats. I remember going to pick up my first bass boat, its exciting!
    After my experience with my first boat being that deal I couldn't pass up on a creampuff I have the same feelings. What lies beneath the shiny gel can be ugly.

Look over the bottom of the boat really close to check for fiberglass damage and stress cracks. Also, INSIST on a lake test before you give them the rest of the money. Not sure how much you put down for a deposit but better to be out the deposit and walk away than to be stuck with a turd that was priced low for a reason. Not trying to poop on your party but I'm just trying to prepare you for what might be a reality even though most likely that boat and motor is just fine. Hopefully you have a few grand left over to put into it just in case there's something not quite right with it but not obvious at the time. It's easy to let emotions control you so need to keep your head clear and hopefully your dad will be your rock in this adventure.

Otherwise, congratulations. Should be a great first boat if all checks out.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

16. Member

17. Member
    I bought a used Ranger that had been unused for over ten years now on it's third season with me. First things first, have your motor checked out and most likely change out the water pump impeller. If it has a water pressure gauge, watch what it reads on your lake test. Look under the hull to get a good idea if there is any damage to the bottom. Make sure to test everything electrical such as your live wells, bilge pump, graphs, etc. Also when on the lake, turn on the bilge pump and see if there is any water discharging, also check in the transom for leaks in case your bilge pumps aren't working. Lastly, check you trailer brake master cylinder if it has one as well as the tires. A good idea to jack up each wheel and do a spin test and the wiggle test to see if your bearings are grinding or loose.

I had to do a lot of resealing in the bilge when I bought my Ranger as nearly every fitting was leaking. I changed the impeller, plugs, and thermostats. The PO had already gotten the motor to run. I also had to completely replace my master cylinder for the brakes. Everything works on my boat now and it is always dry. That Triton is a good boat as it appears and even if it has some issues, if the fiberglass is good, carpet, seats are good and especially if the motor is ok, you should be good to go.

18. Member
    Nice! Looks like it has been taken care of. Have fun and be safe.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

19. Member
    Congrats! Your miles ahead of where I was at your age and should be proud of yourself! Looks like a nice clean boat from the pics! Hope it’s all it appears to be
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

My first glass bass boat was a Triton 17x explorer with a 75 HP Opti. Looked identical to this boat. I really enjoyed that boat. Im trying to recall if I had any issues with the actual boat and could not think of any besides a few stress cracks. The trailer is not the best but it worked fine for me as I only took it on one long road trip and it did fine. Look it over really well, take a flash light with you so you can see in the bilge and anything that may be hidden. Absolutely require a water test and if possible get another marina to check out the opti for you. Enjoy the boat, I had a lot of fun in mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast