2006 519vs trolling motor tray problem

I have a 2006 Ranger 519vs that has what it looks like is a factory cut out that is carpeted with just a metal rim. Problem being I just ordered a Ultrex and literally I'm like 1/4 to 3/8 in. from being able to comfortably fit the foot control in there. Seeing if anyone else has ran into this and if so how did you combat it?

2. Member
    I have 07 521 same issue. I cut mine out and installed comfort troll one made for ultrex. Easy to do looks great no problems

3. Member
    I removed the carpet on the sides. And it just barely fits

4. Member
    I removed the carpet as well. Better so it doesn’t stay soggy and wet in there also, but I also had to cut the metal ring. I basically cut a notch in the ring so the speed control knob didn’t rub on it. This was on an 05 520 but I bet the trays are same size. The ring is just aluminum.
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    I didn’t have to cut the metal trim

6. Member
    Having this done to my 520vx currently and was worried about that. It at first glance looks like it will tightly fit in there but not sure yet.

7. Member
    I had to put shims under my pedal. Bc of how deep the hole is. But yes it is a extremely tight fit

8. Member

i bought a 2007 178VS recently it has the factory tray under deck. i ordered the trim ring but have not installed yet because not sure my foot pedal will fit. This thread has me thinking about going ahead with the install now. i'm OK with a tight fit so long as it does fit.
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

9. Member
    Just an update, my pedal does not fit. It’s really close. Trying to decide what I’m going to do now. May get a comfort troll tray and install it.

10. Member
    Mine is a 2006 Ranger VX519 crazy that they are not the same size

11. Member
    I will try removing the carpet and see but it doesn’t look like that will be quite enough.

12. Member
    I think it fits without carpet. My partner has same boat (520) and didn’t need to cut the trim ring. I didn’t want to drill new holes in the bottom so cut the trim ring. Trim ring has another 1/4” of space plus I raised my pedal about 1/2” and my partner did not....it fits just got to make it a little
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

13. Member
    Well. I sure appreciate you guys. Removed the carpet today and it fit. I raised it up a little and I notched the trim ring for the speed dial just cause I didn’t want it to rub. Probably would have worked without notching. Thanks again.

14. Member
    Glad it worked out for you