Good Morning Everyone,
I would like to introduce all of you to our new tournament trail:  Southern Fishing League presented by Flying "G" Outdoors. With the popularity of Major League Fishing and the Professional Bass Tour we have created the first and only Major League Fishing style tournament trail (that we know of) for the weekend angler. We are starting this fall with 2 divisions:  La-Tex (Louisiana / Texas), Ala-Ten (Alabama / Tennessee). The lakes selected for the first season of the Ala-Ten division will be Pickwick, Chickamauga, Guntersville and Eufaula while the La-Tex anglers will fish Caddo Lake, Toledo Bend, Sam Rayburn and Lake Fork. Anglers will be competing for up to $20,000 (entry dependent / 150 boats minimum for 20K). How will the format run? Just like you see on television watching either MLF or PBT with the exception of all the penalties or a boat official. Will cheating occur???? As with any fishing tournament or life in general, someone will always try and take advantage of the rules. However, rest assured, the top 10% will all be polygraphed on championship day and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We want this trail to be about conservation and sportsmanship at the highest level possible.

What is the entry fee? In order to provide one of the highest paying tournament trails in the country our entry fees will be as follows: Angler=$350 / Co-Angler=$175. In the grand scheme of things this we at the Southern Fishing League believe this is a fair entry for the amount of money paid back to the anglers. I as I'm sure you regularly fish tournaments here in the south with $200 entry fees maybe to win $1200.

The breakdown for pay with a 150 boat field follows:

Anglers: 1 / $20,000 2 / $5,000 3 / $4,000 4/ $3,000 5 / $2,000 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 all will receive $1000
Co-Anglers: 1 / $10,000 2 / $2500 3 / 2000 4 / $1500 5 / $1000 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 will all receive $500

Our events will be a 2 day tournament for only the top 10%. All anglers will fish day 1 (called elimination day). The top 10% of angler and co-angler total weights will then fish day 2 (championship day). Keeping with the PBT championship day format, all weights for the top 10% will be zeroed out on championship day and you will start from scratch. A target weight will be established based off the top 10% average weight of Anglers and the top 10% average weight of Co-Anglers. Fishing time will be shortened to 5 hours and the first Angler and Co to reach the target weight will be declared the champion. Remaining anglers will continue to fish until reach the target weight or time has expired.

I could go on and on here about the trail. Please visit our website at www.flyinggoutdoors.com to see the schedule, rules and all information about the new Southern Fishing League. We would be honored to have you fish with us and I personally look forward to providing this tour to the anglers. If you have questions, comments or just want to BS about fishing please do not hesitate to email us and we will respond promptly. Send all emails to southernfishingleague@gmail.com

Tight Lines!!
Southern Fishing League