Low to Mid Range Porpoise Issue

I have a 2019 20PHX. Just got back from a trip where I filled the gas tanks for the first time. No water in livewells. The boat has always wanted to porpoise a little but with full tanks it is even worse. I have not seen many threads on here about that issue so this can't be the way this boat performs at low to mid-range. I tried different setttings with the Atlas with little change. Running a Bravo I XS prop. Any suggestions.

2. Member
    mine also when i hit 66 or higher...its sensitive...when i fill livewells up...it helps.

3. Member
    My 20PHX does it occasionally. But usually only in calm water running slightly below mid range. Just give it some more throttle and it'll quit. Thats what i do anyways lol

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    more trim , more throttle, or lower jackplate, that bravo likes to pull and as long as it in a constant pull its driving the nose down but on on smooth water at mid range they can tend to want to hop a little
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Interesting you say that as it was most noticable in the early morning in slick water. You are right about more throttle but fishing small lakes in northern michigan. I guess I tend to run in the range where it is the worst.

6. Member
    Drew, I am surprised you did not say to switch to Ionics.

I would think that trimming it down until you max out speed, then slowly bump it up. A friend of mine with a 18' Stratus was trimming it up way too soon. Causing porpoising.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Porpoises with little trim.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HLG View Post
    My 20PHX does it occasionally. But usually only in calm water running slightly below mid range. Just give it some more throttle and it'll quit. Thats what i do anyways lol
    Yep my 819 does the same thing. Or trip up or down usually fixes it too. Just occasionally find the odd weight sweet spot I guess..

10. Member
    Anyone run a CB Bailey foil?

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Anyone run a CB Bailey foil?
    100s of people running them including myself, im a dealer for Chris and sell about 4 or 5 a week, I did not mention it because it wont solve porpoising at mid range 55 to 65 mph
    but the foil is amazing at what it will do for hole shot and up to about 35mph

https://drewcraft.com/cb_marine/
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    seat time,u will fiqure it out
    TrackerUser

13. Member
    Maybe take some tackle weight out of front compartments
    At slower speeds the bow is lifting and then falling off due to lack of lift power and speed of set up
    if you lighten the front this will allow the boat to maintain bow lift at slower speeds