Covid Prayers Answered

Hey guys it has been awhile. Busy with work and family chit but just wanted to to give some useful info that may help someone else.

So last week I get that dreaded phone call from my daughter, who has just graduated Texas State Univ in San Marcos and was on the 6th day of her new job. Turns out her and some coworkers go out to a bar for drinks. Of course, the bar was packed social distancing wasn't in effect there. Turns out the bartender is positive for Covid unbeknownst to others. No telling how many drinks he served and how many he infected. (700 positives in Hayes county last week alone).

Hey Dad she says, I'm headed to the clinic to be tested, my two friends tested positive for Covid and I think I may have it. So she goes thru the routine and self quarantines for two days and gets the call. POSITIVE. Guys it was like being hit in the face with a 2x4. My baby girl (she's 23) but will always be my baby girl. Thank God she is healthy and exercises regularly.

My point is, our doctor at home immediately called in a prescription for a Z-pack (which is used for many respiratory infections and Hydroxychloroquine (which is the drug used for years for malaria). ONLY two days of symptoms (mainly fever) and severe fatigue, loss of smell and taste, and a few minor symptoms.

We are on day 10 and she is feeling great. The worst part is knowing your child is sick and you can't see or do anything but put money on their credit card for home food delivery. THANK GOD.

Anyway, again my point is if you or anyone you know gets this crap, hurry and get these medicines because they kick ass for Covid....

Thanks guys for reading this long post, but I needed to vent and tell you guys what worked for her. Nothing hurts your heart more than knowing your kid is sick and their is absolutely NOTHING you can do but wait!!!

Last edited by Troy250; 06-18-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    To our troops

Glad the hear she is doing and feeling better! This virus is deffently differnt to differnt people. We are on North Padre Island right now but are trying to stay away from people as much as possible. Keeping the mask on the kids is a chore but is worth the hassle in my mind and we are using plenty of hand sanitizer. I pray she makes a full recovery!!!!

3. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Prayers for a full recovery

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I'm glad she is doing well, Troy! It's some scary stuff. I'm in at least three of the high risk categories. I just try and keep my distance from others when I have to go out. You all are in our prayers, especially for your daughter for a full recovery.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words and prayers. Very grateful that she is one of the lucky ones to survive with minimal symptoms and pain. As a father, I don't know that I've ever felt so helpless. Just thankful that the DR knew what the hell he was doing and got the right meds immediately and put a quick stop to it.
    To our troops

6. Bobby8
    Great news!!

That's a happy ending buddy.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Great news! Prayers for you all! I'm copying this and sending to all my kids!

Thanks guys for all the prayers. She is on day 16 and doing great. Other than a lil fatigue from laying around for two weeks, she is back to normal. You can believe she got the biggest hug from my wife and I..... What a great Father's Day gift. Thanks again,ya'lls prayers meant more than ya'll know!!!
    TL
    To our troops

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Great to hear Troy!

I'm glad she is doing better.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

12. Member

Troy, You have an update for us? How about her friends from work?

They are back to normal Larry. Thanks for asking. Young and resilient even though I see a lot more cases of younger folks recently.
    To our troops

There have been several young folks die in the DFW area from it in the past week. I'm glad to hear they came through it OK.

16. Member
    Yeah we dealt with this couple months ago with two family members. They’re both doing well now.