Blew up my Lews Pro G

I own 20 different Lew's baitcasters with most being BB1 Pros, but I've been using a Tournament Pro G on my frog rod for the last few years. Tuesday I was out fishing and made a cast and it backlashed. No biggie, it happens. Then next cast, my reel makes a horrible noise and I can barely reel the frog back in. So, I pop off the side plate and it looks like a bomb went off. I've had the little plastic ring that holds the centrifugal weights strip out in the middle before, but this time, it blew to pieces. I can't say I've ever had this happen. It's pretty impressive.

Blown Pro G.jpg
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

2. Member
    Impressive. The tourney pro g might be my favorite reel. Have you contacted them yet? I had them send me a new spool for free once when the braking system on a bb1 pro broke. The whole braking assembly just came off of the spool.

3. Member
    Yep, I sent Lew's support an email to see about a replacement part. Will report back how it goes. Luckily I had another reel in the drawer that I could just transfer the line to and I'm back in action.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

4. Banned
    Youll be just fine. They will get you a new spool. Lews is the best in the business in CS.

5. Member
    IMO - you didn't blow it up enough...It needs to be more than 10 pieces to count

6. Member
    Welp, I just sent off my third email to Lew's service department and have yet to get a reply. I just want to buy a part.

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    Welp, I just sent off my third email to Lew's service department and have yet to get a reply. I just want to buy a part.
    Call them.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    covid really put them behind I emailed in April looking to order some parts and low and behold they showed up in my mailbox last week free of charge. I would recommend calling them
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

9. Member
    1-417-522-1093. What is the model # of that reel? TPG1H, TPG1SH or TPG1XH?

Patience.

A guy who works at Lew’s service posted on the Lew’s FB group that they are pretty far behind due to covid.

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Call them.
    Common sense is not very common.

12. Member
    What my common sense tells me is that Lew's doesn't employee a separate set of customer service representatives to answer emails and a separate set to answer the phone. So, it seems logical that if the is a backlog for replying to email, there is also a backlog to them answering the phone. Additionally, I sent them pictures of the exact parts I need along with the model and part numbers. I would not be able to do that over the phone.

13. Banned
    What my common sense tells me is that Lew's doesn't employee a separate set of customer service representatives to answer emails and a separate set to answer the phone. So, it seems logical that if the is a backlog for replying to email, there is also a backlog to them answering the phone. Additionally, I sent them pictures of the exact parts I need along with the model and part numbers. I would not be able to do that over the phone.
    I just call them and give them the model and part im looking for. Never had an issue that way, but I always deal with Ross over there.

Negative. Picking up the phone actually works.