LED Spotlight for night running

What is everyone using for night time navigation? Hear Rigid make a good LED for around $100

2. Member
    Illegal to use a spotlight in TN while running at night. Works well for the driver but blinds the crap out of everyone else on the lake.

3. Member
    I use parts store spot lights, the 4 inch ones in a rubber housing. but need to switch to LEDs. Mine pull to much juice

Quote Originally Posted by JimTR196 View Post
    Illegal to use a spotlight in TN while running at night. Works well for the driver but blinds the crap out of everyone else on the lake.
    Head coach an to fort Loudon on a Friday night.
    Barges door all the time.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

5. Member
    You can turn it on for a few seconds at a time, but can't run with a "headlight" on.
    That's what I have always been told when night fishing years ago.

6. Banned
    Just use a cheapy luminar 3 watt from harbor freight, tight beam works great. Have a 12v outlet on the boat and used to use a q-beam like you would use for night hunting and yeah on the water that will piss people off pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    You can turn it on for a few seconds at a time, but can't run with a "headlight" on.
    That's what I have always been told when night fishing years ago.
    ^^^This. 2 customers of mine got a $187.50 ticket (plus court cost) for running with lights on. They don't care if you turn them on and off, just don't run with them. I only turn mine on for a second, then back off...

(606)305-1956

8. Member
    The only time I use one is when I'm pulling up to a fishing spot that has no other light source. I don't think they help one bit for driving down the lake, messes up your night vision. It's illegal in Missouri as well.

9. Member
    Also illegal in WI. I wanted one, glad I looked up the regs first. I keep a fenix flashlight on the boat for navigating channels and locating bouys at night. It's plenty bright, and quick and easy to turn off & on.