Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Db35 cross reference

Since most of the cross reference for db-35 brake parts are for a late 90s Kia Sephia, I'm having a difficult time finding the caliper rebuilding kit including a piston. I wonder is the entire Kia Sephia caliper a replacement as well?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    No, the caliper is different. I googled DB35 caliper and got pages of hits for a rebuild kit with piston, including the top one from a BBC sponsor, Eastern Marine.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    No, the caliper is different. I googled DB35 caliper and got pages of hits for a rebuild kit with piston, including the top one from a BBC sponsor, Eastern Marine.
    I've been trying to call them since Monday and have not been able to get through

If it was me and had caliper problems, I'd buy the whole caliper that comes with the brake pads. Install, bleed the brakes and be good for a long time. My 2006 trailer has the original calipers and pads. Rotor thickness is still in spec. I only drive 12 or 13 miles each way to the ramps where I launch.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    Website for Eastern Marine shows them in stock for $30.37.
    Are you calling for info or to place an order? The have curbside pickup for locals so call ins may be tough. I placed an order online in April and was at my door in three days.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    If it was me and had caliper problems, I'd buy the whole caliper that comes with the brake pads. Install, bleed the brakes and be good for a long time. My 2006 trailer has the original calipers and pads. Rotor thickness is still in spec. I only drive 12 or 13 miles each way to the ramps where I launch.
    I hear you, but I dropped well over five hundred bucks on this two years ago with new pads calipers and rotors all around as well as a new axle... already have a new trailer, this one is on its way out the door

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Just ordered all the parts from Eastern Marine

Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    I've been trying to call them since Monday and have not been able to get through
    I ordered from them on the 15th. Items in stock still haven’t shipped. I ordered calipers from Walmart they showed up in 2 days free shipping

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ223 View Post
    I ordered from them on the 15th. Items in stock still haven’t shipped. I ordered calipers from Walmart they showed up in 2 days free shipping
    I hear you, I'm a little disappointed right now because I placed the order on Wednesday morning and still no shipping confirmation by Friday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    I hear you, I'm a little disappointed right now because I placed the order on Wednesday morning and still no shipping confirmation by Friday evening.
    ya I was waiting for brake pads. Couldn’t wait any longer so local auto parts will have them for me in the morning

11. Member
    ya I was waiting for brake pads. Couldn’t wait any longer so local auto parts will have them for me in the morning
    Same boat here, I bought the caliper rebuild kit and the set of pads from the local parts store, already in, need to use the trailer this weekend. I really need the caliper spring clips.

What do you need the side of the caliper springs?

13. Member
    What do you need the side of the caliper springs?
    I need the caliper spring clip because the one I had was very corroded and did not clean up well

Just one leck? How from candlewood are you ? I have what you need just don’t know how to get it to you lol

15. Member
    Well, I'm fishing swinging bridge 2moro. Hope to hear some shipping info tomorrow, if not maybe I can meet you up in Danbury on Monday?

Let me know. I was going to toss them from my old calipers but they’re not old. I’ll keep them all. I’m also sure I can mail them too you faster than you will get yours from eastern. They shouldn’t be taking orders if they can’t ship product imo. I’ll PM you my cell. You can text me if you want them

17. Member
    I recently ordered a new DB35 Caliper from Waymire and got it in 3 days.

John

18. Member
    SEastern Marine seems to be overwhelmed right now. Last weekend I placed an order for new rear hub seals, cap seals and I decided to order a complete preassembled ready to install hub to put in the travel box. By Tuesday I hadn’t received any tracking information so I called them Wednesday morning. They were holding the entire order because they were out of one small part for the preassembled hub. I politely asked was I going to be notified, and can you not ship the remainder of the order? Oh we can do that if you would like... I politely said yes please my boat and tandem axle trailer are on jack stands. No problem we will get it out today, that being Wednesday morning, they didn’t ship until Thursday evening. I could tell his hair was on fire and I typically receive great service from them so I let it be. So much for finishing up this weekend with a Monday delivery date. I believe they still have limited staff, which seems to be a trend everywhere, just time to have more patients.
    Last edited by Hooked247; 06-20-2020 at 08:09 AM.

FWIW......a few years back I got tired of the UFP junk & switched to the Kodiak disc brakes. Best move I ever made. Never had a problem with them & easy to bleed. This was on my tandem trailer, no brakes on the front axle.

20. Member
    tracer1, which kit did you use?

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast