Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Look at the New Z-Man Stealth Blade Jackhammer!

The new Z-Man Stealth Blade Jackhammer is going to be a killer in clear and pressured waters!

https://youtu.be/96N5Dk0BE-w

2. Member
    Don’t know if it will be killer but I know guys are going to buy them by the dozen for reselling purposes
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Don’t know if it will be killer but I know guys are going to buy them by the dozen for reselling purposes
    Yep they will be out of stock before they even come in if they have pre orders

4. Member
    I have to wonder about the connection to the poly carb blade and durability of the blade

5. Member
    BULLET RESISTANT POLYCARBONATE SHEETS

I don't know if they used it in theirs or not, but it would prove to be almost indestructible.

6. Member
    Mark,$30 per sound about right?lol
    Red Sox in 6!

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I thought the purpose of the metal blades was it showed flash to attract the bass? With it being clear now, it takes away the flashing aspect.

8. Member
    Geez Jones just buy 7 of them and be done with it. Ever been a spinnerbait with clear blades?
    Red Sox in 6!

9. Dogfish_Jones
    Geez Jones just buy 7 of them and be done with it. Ever been a spinnerbait with clear blades?
    Depends if there are 7 colors, if there is 9, then I will get 9. Why settle for half a batch?
    I don't think I have seen a spinnerbait with clear blades, not saying there are any, I know I do not have any and I got a ton of them.

10. Member
    A man I knew used to build spinner baits before he passed away, he used these,
    Dutch Fork Ghost Willowleaf clear polymer spinner blades are ready for you to paint. And I never gave it much thought on using one unpainted even when the clear blade buzz baits were hot.

Never seen one used that wasn't painted, but now you never know. Might just order some and try them out.

11. Member
    Smallie killer on the river for sure.

12. Member
    not stirring the pot but OSP has had one with he same clear blade for a couple years now.
    cheaper too

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    I thought the purpose of the metal blades was it showed flash to attract the bass? With it being clear now, it takes away the flashing aspect.
    It is for different conditions. I see it being used in a clear water situations when you want a swimjig instead of a chatterbait. The Stealth Blade will provide thumb without the flash. From what I saw in only a hour of fishing it, its going to be good!

I am a Z Man fanatic but I am failing to see what the effective difference is between the original and this "new" jackhammer? A clear bill is probably worse than the shiny bill. Bladed jigs displace water for a reason. They are getting the fish' attention. A clear/finesse approach to a bladed jig doesn't sound like it will be more effective. They make baits solely on being shiny, example the spoon. I am not aware of any spoons that are made out of clear plastic. I could be wrong but I just don't see the value other than marketing reaching for something.

Quote Originally Posted by gbb5011 View Post
    It is for different conditions. I see it being used in a clear water situations when you want a swimjig instead of a chatterbait. The Stealth Blade will provide thumb without the flash. From what I saw in only a hour of fishing it, its going to be good!

Agree to disagree. I've used the original Jackhammer on bodies of water with ~12 foot visibility fishing for smallmouth. You would think natural color, finesse presentations would be required however, the only way we were able to catch them was to use black and blue bladed jigs. Presentation is most of it. I do not see that blade benefiting the presentation one bit.

Now we need one of those challenges like they do in those Charger boats. One team use standard bills and the other use those clear plastic bills. I would want it to be on a clear sunny day just to give the advantage to the clear bills. I'd bet money on doing better with the standard shiny bills.

17. Member
    Yes, I have some I bought at a show :)
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

18. Member
    A true trendsetter!
    Red Sox in 6!

It's just a compliment to the original Jackhammer. Just like having a rattling and a silent version of a crankbait. Sometimes you just need a more finesse approach.

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ve been struggling with this but I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy them since I am a JH fanatic! I’m sure I can find a place and time for the clear blade!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast