Summer time food plots

This past weekend we went and checked our food plots to see if they were growing any. I made a video while we were there to document our results. Check out the link to it below. I'm very excited because my dad and I bought the property last summer so we are having fun learning about food plots. We have never owned a property before so we've never had any food plots. We tried some things last fall with little success but it's looking good for us this summer.

The audio is a little quiet. Its my first video to make.

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Hey, Daniel... Brian Ballinger here.

Wow... Long time since the old Rolling Fork Bass Club days!

I'm still in the wildlife business, just not on the law enforcement side any longer (left MDWFP in 2005). Looks like y'all are figuring some things out on your new property (those cowpeas are a great warm season planting)... It's definitely a learning process and you'll have a lot of fun with it.

If I can help y'all with anything, gimme a shout.

Tell your Dad I said hello.
    Who controls John Gill?

3. Member
    Hey Brian. Will do. I chose those cowpeas because of an article that I believe MDWFP published. Thanks for the offer to help. I have 2 young kids now so we are trying to get it ready so they will have somewhere to hunt when they get a little older. I didn't want to start them out on public land. So far it has been a blast.

4. Member
    20200131_180635.jpg

This is my oldest, 4 at the time. I took him with me the very last afternoon of the season last year. This doe stepped out at about 200 yards and were watched her for about 15 minutes. The whole time my son was begging me to shoot her. First doe that I've shot in about 20 years but I'm so glad that I did because he talks about that doe all the time now. We were in a ground box stand that my dad helped me make last summer. Doesn't get much better than that.

5. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Good stuff, Daniel... Looks like you've got a great hunting buddy, there.
    Who controls John Gill?