Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMustang View Post
    Thinking about thinly insulating that cooler. Anyone done that on here?
    I bought an RTIC cooler that I bring with me for drinks. I use that built in cooler mostly for trash lol
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

2. Member
    Fitted the Ashmore panel and gatorskinned the console area. Updated the broken fuel valve switch. Waiting on switches to come in. Got the battery compartments wire managed and MK 345pc charger installed but no pics.
    I see you changed your fuel selector valve, was it difficult to do? It looks like it would be relatively easy while the seats are out. I may need to replace mine since the knob lost the little tab that keeps it aligned on the post.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmbtvet View Post
    I see you changed your fuel selector valve, was it difficult to do? It looks like it would be relatively easy while the seats are out. I may need to replace mine since the knob lost the little tab that keeps it aligned on the post.
    Yeah it’s easy to change out. Mine was a little weird though because the previous owner(s) had used a different kind that had different mounting holes. Also, mine was completely ate up with corrosion so I had to find the three connecting brass nozzles that are attached and finding them was a real treasure hunt around here lol.
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

4. Member
    Boat is looking great. I've been toying with the idea of getting an 01 518vx and wondered what the issues i'd encounter might be, so your post has been very helpful. I think I would have done a lot of the same things you have, to clean it up and make it yours. If i do end up getting one I'll definitely be in touch. Keep up the good work!
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmada View Post
    Boat is looking great. I've been toying with the idea of getting an 01 518vx and wondered what the issues i'd encounter might be, so your post has been very helpful. I think I would have done a lot of the same things you have, to clean it up and make it yours. If i do end up getting one I'll definitely be in touch. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you. I’ll answer anything I can. Others on here have helped me tremendously and I believe in passing it on.
    Ben Franklin

6. Member
    Got the new console switches and panel installed along with a few custom switches for the Rigid deck and compartment lights and the front driving spot light. Also a double USB port installed. From old, busted non working to updated, waterproofed, rewired, and all working. Also got some of the new weather trim installed until I got pissed off at the caulk getting everywhere it shouldn’t be lol. I went from being in the green to getting real old and cranky real fast and at that point I called it a day LOL. Things left to do are completing weather trim on all compartments, rubber flooring on five compartments, insulating cooler compartment, getting rust off some of the trailer parts (not too bad at all), cleaning/detailing the boat best I can, adding some new decals and replacing some old ones, replacing the worn out locker shocks, and adding some bait organization items. Then stocking the boat with all my tackle/gear and getting at it lol.
    Ben Franklin

7. Member
    Got the new console switches and panel installed along with a few custom switches for the Rigid deck and compartment lights and the front driving spot light. Also a double USB port installed. From old, busted non working to updated, waterproofed, rewired, and all working. Also got some of the new weather trim installed until I got pissed off at the caulk getting everywhere it shouldn’t be lol. I went from being in the green to getting real old and cranky real fast and at that point I called it a day LOL. Things left to do are completing weather trim on all compartments, rubber flooring on five compartments, insulating cooler compartment, getting rust off some of the trailer parts (not too bad at all), cleaning/detailing the boat best I can, adding some new decals and replacing some old ones, replacing the worn out locker shocks, and adding some bait organization items. Then stocking the boat with all my tackle/gear and getting at it lol.
    Did you order the switches and compartment weather seals from Ranger?

8. Member
    Did you order the switches and compartment weather seals from Ranger?
    We ordered the switches from a place in White Bluff TN as I was directed there from Ranger. The weather seal roll we bought off Amazon - sealed our previous boat like this and it turned out great.
    Ben Franklin

9. Member
    We ordered the switches from a place in White Bluff TN as I was directed there from Ranger. The weather seal roll we bought off Amazon - sealed our previous boat like this and it turned out great.
    Do you have a web address for the switches and a link to the Amazon page for the weather seal?

10. Member
    Do you have a web address for the switches and a link to the Amazon page for the weather seal?
    https://www.candomarine.com/ and don’t have the Amazon page but I believe it was Trim-loc brand.
    Ben Franklin

11. Member
    https://www.candomarine.com/ and don’t have the Amazon page but I believe it was Trim-loc brand.
    Thanks!

12. Member
    Any new pics of finished boat?

13. Member
    Just some flooring laid in lockers. I wouldn’t use this product again. Wasn’t what I thought when I received it. Two days after I got it I found something way better lol. But I figured returning this product would be living hell so I’m suffering through it. The adhesive on these can be peeled right off and the rubber is so stiff you really have to weigh it down when laying in a curved part. Having to use thick adhesive caulking which seems to be holding fine. We’re taking the boat out this weekend to set it up along with the electronics. I don’t have much else to do other than maybe refresh some of the Ranger decals and add some other decals after an in-depth detailing soon. Gotta get some storage crates for organizing the ole planos. Our real first test of this boat will be our annual Fall trip the second week of Oct when we spend a week on the Chick. Haven’t done much else because my mom had a small stroke and we’re planning her procedure. That’s why I haven’t done much updating. I’ll try to show some photos when I get her detailed because that’ll take me two days probably.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JohnnyMustang; 08-20-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    Ben Franklin

14. Member
    Just some flooring laid in lockers. I wouldn’t use this product again. Wasn’t what I thought when I received it. Two days after I got it I found something way better lol. But I figured returning this product would be living hell so I’m suffering through it. The adhesive on these can be peeled right off and the rubber is so stiff you really have to weigh it down when laying in a curved part. Having to use thick adhesive caulking which seems to be holding fine. We’re taking the boat out this weekend to set it up along with the electronics. I don’t have much else to do other than maybe refresh some of the Ranger decals and add some other decals after an in-depth detailing soon. Gotta get some storage crates for organizing the ole planos. Our real first test of this boat will be our annual Fall trip the second week of Oct when we spend a week on the Chick. Haven’t done much else because my mom had a small stroke and we’re planning her procedure. That’s why I haven’t done much updating. I’ll try to show some photos when I get her detailed because that’ll take me two days probably.
    Looking good so far! Sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she recovers well.

15. Member
    Thank you sir.
    Ben Franklin

Hey on the cooler thing, I have a 2002 and ice stays all day in 95 degree heat. Also nice build! I have done quite a bit to mine. Holler if you get stuck on something

17. Member
    While waiting on my EMM to be returned and my order of spark plugs, I decided to update the steering console a bit. New Seastar tilt and trim, prepared and painted faded items such as hub and tired looking steering wheel. I have a before shot and then the improved shots. Just wanting to make sure the paint on the metal center of the steering wheel completely hardens before reattaching. I’ll photo that when I attach it tonight.
    Ben Franklin

18. Member
    Together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben Franklin

19. Member
    Together.
    Really like what you did to your steering wheel. Mines not really faded but that does look pretty cool.

20. Member
    Together.
    I like the steering wheel, definitely looks better than the original finish.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234