Tournament Results Traverse Bay June 13th

Some pretty impressive weights from Traverse Bay this past Saturday. Some giant smallmouth were weighed in.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...p=91024#p91024

What is the fishing like in the bays in mid July?

3. Member
    Deep, deep ,and deeper Angler. Usually just coming out of post spawn too . Drop shot till ya can't drop shot no more!

4. Member
    Yeah, we had a blast up there in late July. 30ft of water, crystal clear you could see them smack the dream shot and fish on. We caught about 30 that morning and they were all healthy. On the short list to get back up there for a long weekend.

I'd like to hit it in June or July. I'm always there in May when the water is still in the 30's. Still catch them, but they are spread out and hard to find. On my bucket list.

last year there was a 7.5 in that tournament. place is unreal.

here's a news clip they did while we were there
    https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/a...ogUlzFEHbVaVQ4

Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    last year there was a 7.5 in that tournament. place is unreal.

here's a news clip they did while we were there
    https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/a...ogUlzFEHbVaVQ4
    That's huge! I've only fished the East arm before.

They finally moved onto beds in East Bay Wednesday 6/17/2020
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

9. Member
    Thinking of coming up Traverse Bay first part of July, never been there. What should I expect, any things I should avoid, places to stay, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

10. Banned
    Taking the grandkids out later today and tomorrow morning. Have never fished east bay. Can someone point me in the right direction? Depth?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnutguy View Post
    Taking the grandkids out later today and tomorrow morning. Have never fished east bay. Can someone point me in the right direction? Depth?
    thanks
    You should see plenty of fish in that 20 ft to 30 ft range. I haven't fished there this time of year, but there is a nice set of rock and bolders going just couple hundred yards south of the boat ramp on Mission Point. Hope that helps.

12. Member
    Anything in the west bay this time of year? Towards Sutton Bay, Omena, Northport? Up here for family vacation, have the bass boat with me.

13. Member
    Just had our event on west bay yesterday. All the fish were off the edges. Was a little slow due to the cold front friday , but they will relax in a day or 2. They will be in standard summer mode now. Up early and late feeding and 20 foot or so off the edges during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Polock View Post
    Just had our event on west bay yesterday. All the fish were off the edges. Was a little slow due to the cold front friday , but they will relax in a day or 2. They will be in standard summer mode now. Up early and late feeding and 20 foot or so off the edges during the day.
    Spot on for the lakes in that area. Leelanau too.

15. Member
    thanks guys! By off the edges do you mean the weed edges or a drop?

16. Member
    Drop into the great abyss!! There are very few "weed edges" in the entire system. There is mostly just perch grass scattered on the bottom with a few scattered clumps of coontail, but those are pretty rare.

17. Member
    Thanks so much for the insight! Hopefully I can get out there at least one day this week!

18. Member
    Hey everyone thanks for the info. Made it out today from the Bowers Harbor ramp. Had the family on the boat with me. I was catching smallmouth while one of my daughters was swimming around, she would climb back in and net fish for me. Caught a bunch of smaller ones and a few big ones, with the biggest a 20” beast of a bass. Fish ranged from 12-25 feet deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Flyer View Post
    Hey everyone thanks for the info. Made it out today from the Bowers Harbor ramp. Had the family on the boat with me. I was catching smallmouth while one of my daughters was swimming around, she would climb back in and net fish for me. Caught a bunch of smaller ones and a few big ones, with the biggest a 20” beast of a bass. Fish ranged from 12-25 feet deep.
    That's awesome! Glad you had a great time