Thread: Floored

Floored

I watched this the other night and found it very interesting. The Chicago Board of Exchange back in the 1980s and 1990's and what happened after they started going to a computerized trading platform. I never realized trading was a contact sport but looks like it was back in the day. In some ways it is pretty sad to see the way the computer trading really upended the traders and a lot of lives were broken and lost. In any event this was a really good documentary and alot of the familiar faces (the Najarians and Rick Santoli) are in this. It is free on youtube to watch and if you like this type of thing its a very interesting documentary. Rogue trader was another one I watched last night. A single trader bringing down one of Britains oldest banks. If anyone has any other recommendations I'd love to hear them.

2. Member
    Good thread, I can't think of any suggestions at the moment but I'm curious to see what else is listed

3. Member
    Thanks nitro. Will look for it. I have always worried about the electronic trading and all of the programs that trade to profit off of micro pennies of each trade. With literally millions of trade happening each day why they are allowed to profit from this is beyond me.