Anyone convert from Vortex to vault?

nm
    Last edited by richierich1; 06-29-2020 at 04:51 PM.

2. Member
    I would think it would work. What trailer do you have? I’m assuming 1 3/8” x 1 1/16” spindle with the 1.98” Vault Hub. I was actually thinking about swapping my vault to vortex the next go around. I just replaced my vault hubs, so hopefully they’ll last ~5 years without any maintenance.

I made this video a few weeks ago of me replacing my vault hubs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

3. Member
    I would think you'll need everything; axle(s), axle mount brackets, calipers, rotors, hubs, new actuator.
    Mounts will need to be welded on trailer after removal of the TDE mounts.
    A bit of work but definitely doable.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Member
    nm
    Last edited by richierich1; 06-29-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    I would think it would work. What trailer do you have? I’m assuming 1 3/8” x 1 1/16” spindle with the 1.98” Vault Hub. I was actually thinking about swapping my vault to vortex the next go around. I just replaced my vault hubs, so hopefully they’ll last ~5 years without any maintenance.

I made this video a few weeks ago of me replacing my vault hubs. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Not a bad video but WTF you using blue Loctite on cap for??? That's for threaded connections???

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

6. Member
    Thanks for the video

Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    Some people choose to follow the manufacturers service instructions.
    Instructions say retaining compound. That would be Loctite RC 609 and it's green. You are putting blue Loctite 242 on that hub, that's for threads-- unless your hubs are threaded it has no value! Totally wrong application. Follow manufacturers service instructions!
    Last edited by electritek; 06-30-2020 at 11:06 PM.

3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

8. Member
    If I were you I would not do it. I think what you have is better! Just my 2 cents.

9. Member
    i use the red now. have used the rtv also with good results. i have videos on utube showing this.

Red Loctite is a thread lock, same as Blue Loctite-- not a sealant A retaining compound or thread lock compound do not belong on Vault Hubs irregardless of what the manufacturer recommends. They should be used when mounting your caliper. Also I have seen other posts suggest just go to Auto parts store and get same size O ring. That's a big fail. O Rings are also measured in Durometer, which indicated hardness. If you go to Parts store and get same size O ring for Vault Hub and it's too hard, it will not compress correctly. There are several great U tube videos of Asian Guy and others doing correct install on Vault Hubs.