115 Opti air/readings

Engine is falling on its face at 5200rpm.
    Gauges read 91 air / 106 fuel.
    Checked VST fuel pressure 25 psi.
    Checking and replacing primer bulb. Feels soft.
    Spec says 94 / 108. Will this difference cause me issue.
    Measurements taken with a fluid filled gauge.Also checked lift pump check valves and diaphragms all good.
    Air reg diaphragms are $300 in Canada. Trying to spend money in the right places.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your thread to the MERCURY Forum (correct forum for 130 or lower 2-stroke engines).

Swap gauges and see if your readings remain the same.

Also- when you say it's "falling on it's face" please define that (also are your RPM readings from an Analog or Smartcraft Instrument).

Don't forget the Serial Number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    My mistake
    Thank you

4. Member
    Serial number
    1B847110

5. Member
    By falling on its face ...it's loosing power, like it's running out of fuel.
    Tach is analog.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Suggest connecting dual-pressure gauge to the VST (low pressure) and Fuel Pressure (high Pressure) then getting it on the water. Have someone ride with you to video the gauges (strap them to the front of the engine).

Watch for either fuel pressure to drop when the engine loses power. And if both drop- watch to see which one drops FIRST.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    ^^^^ 1 fuel psi gonna be it it /BET
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    Thanks for your input.
    Will advise

9. Member
    VST pressure dropped first.found blockage in fuel line. Inner liner was pushed in when putting winterizing solution tank on over 9 years. Replaced line all good thanks.

But to answer my own question, the fuel and air pressure being slightly out of spec did not contribute to the motor pulling back.
    Thanks Again

10. Member

11. Member